I couldn't find a forum for guitar maintenance, so I'll put this here.
When I plug my guitar in, all I get is a slightly distorted, extremely quiet sound out of it. It's sounds as if I put it on a light distortion and put the volume on 2. Is this an input jack problem, a pick up problem or what? I tried multiple amps, I am sure it's my guitar. And if it's any help it's a Schecter C1-FR.
Sounds like pickup maybe, but if you're going to be checking the pups you might as well check the input jack as well.
What pickups do you have on it? Are they active? If so then have you tried replacing the battery?
Unscrew the input jack check its not bend.Check all the wires are connected.Check amp connected to speaker.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Last edited by ChiliFan01 at Jul 29, 2009,
Change the battery. It happens to Active Pickups; without a 9V (or several, depending on mods), you won't get a sound out of them.
Thanks guys, I'm actually convinced it might be the pickups because they're active. So they just run on regular 9V batteries? And where do I put the batteries? Do I have to take the pickups out?
Quote by BenMags
Thanks guys, I'm actually convinced it might be the pickups because they're active. So they just run on regular 9V batteries? And where do I put the batteries? Do I have to take the pickups out?

On the back of your guitar there should be a box for the batteries itself if there isn't then open up your control cavity and the battery would be placed in there.
Thanks guys. And yeah, there's a plate on the back. I was just curious if I had to take the string off. Floyd Roses are a pain in the ass.