I have heard that this is a distortion III. It's on sale at guitar center for $40 and I have a 10 percent off coupon. This seems like a good deal and it looks cooler than the distortion III
Congratz!! Youre gonna save 4 dollars!!!! ZOMG!!!!

Buy it for 40 and save the coupon for somethin else unless it expires soon
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 29, 2009,
so what's yer question?

if you're asking whether or not it's a good deal then yes cuz the distortion iii retails for twice that price.
1982 Gibson Firebrand "The SG" Deluxe
Blackstar HT-1R | Line 6 M5 | Malekko Omicron Fuzz | Behringer SF300 Super-Fuzz | Morpheus DropTune | TC Ditto Looper
Quote by Deanguitarist39
Yeah I guess it seems like a good deal so yeah I'll get it. I don't have anything else to use the coupon on though. After this I'm broke

hold up--i didn't read your pedals list... you already have THREE awesome dirt pedals. don't bother spending $40 and going broke just to save four bucks.
1982 Gibson Firebrand "The SG" Deluxe
Blackstar HT-1R | Line 6 M5 | Malekko Omicron Fuzz | Behringer SF300 Super-Fuzz | Morpheus DropTune | TC Ditto Looper
Its a great pedal I regret getting rid of mine when it first came out. Its a good classic rock pedal. Sounded pretty decent using it for stuff like Dio ans forth. I say get it, its only $40 bucks and its well worth it to mess around with.
Waste of 40 bucks IMO with the gear you have already. Save your cash. Those coupons come out every couple months, anyhow. When you have enough for it to make an actual price difference, then worry about it.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
I have a distortion three and love it to death but i dont know if you really need another dirt pedal.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Save for a new amp.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Alright. I guess I'll save for a phase 90. I guess I don't really need anymore dirt pedals. It seemed like the best thing for acdc and old ozzy. It seems like a good deal because your getting $45 off but I don't really need it. What other pedals should I upgrade. I don't want a new amp now because my pedals make it sound fine. I don't use the amp distortion or the effects. It also is loud enough for band PRACTICE (not gigs).

Oh I just remembered!!!!! The classic distortion comes with a free power supply that I needed anyway so maybe I should get it? I'd save another $15
Last edited by Deanguitarist39 at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by sneakerpimp
hold up--i didn't read your pedals list... you already have THREE awesome dirt pedals. don't bother spending $40 and going broke just to save four bucks.

Thanks but the metal core isn't an awesome dirt pedal. It is on small practice amps but when that thing is turned up loud it sounds like slipknot only ten times more bassy and fuzzy. I love the distortion factory and I couldn't live without the bad monkey.
Quote by Deanguitarist39
Thanks but the metal core isn't an awesome dirt pedal. It is on small practice amps but when that thing is turned up loud it sounds like slippnpt only ten times more bassy and fuzzy. I love the distortion factory and I couldn't live without the bad monkey.

Honestly this one would pretty much fill in the gap and get you that ac/dc marshall type of tone.. But your also talking to a guy with 3 OD's on his board
Quote by Deanguitarist39
Yeah I don't think I'll get it. Is it the same thing as the wylde overdrive basicially?

From what I hear the Wylde sucks so no

I was just using it for classic rock tones when I had it because I didnt have anything that could pull it off at the time. So it fits that nitch well, but if you dont find yourself playing that genre alot then its just gonna sit on your board and its best to pass it up. Which is why I got rid of mine..
Yeah I probally just won't get it. I play mostly metal but iron maiden is my favortie band and if it can't/barley can do them then It would just be a waste of space. Iron maidens metal but there not extreme or brutal. I want some mxr pedals though.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Honestly this one would pretty much fill in the gap and get you that ac/dc marshall type of tone.. But your also talking to a guy with 3 OD's on his board

I have an OD and a Fuzz. I'm going to add another fuzz soon and rework a Distortion in there
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
Save for a new amp.

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by CullenT
I have an OD and a Fuzz. I'm going to add another fuzz soon and rework a Distortion in there

I currently have the 3 OD's and a Fuzz and going to be adding another fuzz one of these days.. God knows I cant get away from them. I have bought and sold way way to many OD's in my day
So should I get it cause I can go to guitar center today maybe. There's really nothing else to spend my $30 and quarters on I don't really need to save for new pedals Cause I'll just get those for Christmas
Quote by Deanguitarist39
So should I get it cause I can go to guitar center today maybe. There's really nothing else to spend my $30 and quarters on I don't really need to save for new pedals Cause I'll just get those for Christmas

GC has a great return policy... I say get it play it for a month then decide if you want to keep it or not
^New Amp
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I would go with CullenT on this one. You may think your amp is great now but in a few months you'll hate it.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Quote by TheSlashman
I would go with CullenT on this one. You may think your amp is great now but in a few months you'll hate it.

and here we go again...this just doesn't seem to get old.

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I don't think it is the greatest. My pedals will not sound that much different on a new amp. Yes I know the new amps distortion will me better but I use pedals. A new amp will sound better but I don't really need one because I'm a intermediate player. When I start playing gigs I'll get a new amp but for now the crate is fine.
just freaking buy it already! your happy w. your amp, which is fine and dandy, let the man be happy w. it, its not THAT bad if he only uses the cleans.

Its solid state crap on the distortion channel, but thats why hes smart and uses pedals for it.

Anyways, go for it, if you decide you dont want it take it back in a month. its a win win there.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Just buy it.

Course, this is the guy who has four distortion/fuzz pedals.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales