The headstock on my bass guitar got a huge scratch right over the word IBANEZ and the paint got chipped on another part of the headstock. Is it possible to buff out these scratches.
it depends on how deep the scratch is. if its all the way down to the wood, you probably have to sand and refinish. if its in the finish, you might be able to rub one out.

...i couldnt resist.
I have no opinion on this matter.
doubt it man. its probably best to just forget about it and move on
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Leave it, and go buff one out yourself.
lollololollololololololololololololl!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!q
I have a bass that a f*cking dog chewed, there are huge teeth marks in it, giant gashes.

Previous owners dog got at it... Luckily I got it for $250 when it's like new besides that. Just keep it.

EDIT:

Bottom of pic on the bass. There's also a cigarette burn beside the neck pup too.
Last edited by Dog-- at Jul 29, 2009,
Leave it, it gives it personality, as well as you being more relaxed when playing with it, and not fearing about damaging it, as that's already happened. It can also look good, depending on the finish itself.

I my sorta-roughed-up SR500

edit: ^ That actually looks quite awesome, imo
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Dog--
I have a bass that a f*cking dog chewed, there are huge teeth marks in it, giant gashes.

Previous owners dog got at it... Luckily I got it for $250 when it's like new besides that. Just keep it.

EDIT:

Bottom of pic on the bass. There's also a cigarette burn beside the neck pup too.

now when you woo bitches with crushing bass, you can tell them that you got attacked by a dog and fended it off with your bass.
I had a small chip in the headstock of my bass from shipping and was able to fix it with fingernail polish. Idk about the scratch
I'm not a bass player lmao. I don't have to woo chicks I play guitar, man.
Quote by Dog--

EDIT:

My friend has one of those... It plays like a dream. Kudos, getting it for $250.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
yeah well my bass was only $200 and i was going to put it back in its stand and it got scratched by a ceiling fan. Could've done alot more damage than it did. It pretty much put a huge gash through the word IBANEZ....like a perfectly straight gash and a layer of paint got chipped off on like the corner of the headstock. So what happened to yours sound alot worse
Quote by Dog--

EDIT:

My brother has that bass.....I just love the looks of it
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
Quote by Dog--
I'll sell it $300.

I'd take you up on that, but I haven't paid off my current bass yet.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE