I have saved up $2000 (Australian) and i am now looking into buying some equipment to gig with.

I've recently found a HA5500 for roughly $1000. Is the 5500 series any good?
Also, what speaker setup would be good to match that head.

Please help me
I got a Hartke LH1000 and 2 cabs from basscentre.com.au delivered for less than your budget.

that's my recommedation
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I would defiantly recommend the LH1000, and one of the cabs with hydrive speakers. It's hard to give a full recommendation when I don't know your playing style, but personally I like that head with two 4x10 cabs.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Quote by Fush
Wow, thanks for all the help guys.

</sarcasm>

and thank you right back for the acknowledgement
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I checked out the site gilly_90 posted and theirs loads of stuff in your range, and theres no need to be sarcastically rude as it wont get you anywhere in life.

http://basscentre.com.au/bass-rig-deals
Except for the behringer its all good there.

Theres loads of really good on that site, and from what i know of Australian prices some good offers, check out what you like and see if it come sin your range. Also head to your local store and play some gear and see what else floats your boat.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul