Howdy!

Gonna drop some evo's in my Ibanez S Prestige. It has a zero resistance bridge, which is basically a floyd, so it's gonna need F-spacing. But, I was reading on the MF site, and it asked me if I needed F-spacing on the neck too. I was under the impression that neck pickups were universal... Can anyone help me out?
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
im pretty sure bridge pups are the only ones that can be f spaced, ive never heard of an f spaced neck pup before
Quote by Goodtimes666
im pretty sure bridge pups are the only ones that can be f spaced, ive never heard of an f spaced neck pup before

That's what I thought! But check this out

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP158-Evolution-Neck-Pickup?sku=302950
Axes;
ESP LTD MH-103

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
Quote by Goodtimes666
is this designed to be a neck pup, or to be used in either position?

Read the link mate it says neck pickup in the product title.
On these guitars, if the nut width is 1-11/16” (43 mm) or greater, F-spaced pickups can be used in the neck position as well.

i took that straight from the dimarzio web site, my mind is officially f-ing blown
RG's use F-Spacing in both positons - measure the string spacing over the pickups, they'll both be 51.5mm.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It doesnt make any difference whether you use F spaced or not in the neck, and even in the bridge it will still work fine, although F-spaced bridge is ideal. The magnets can pick up vibrations coming out from a field around the pickup, not just directly above the polepieces, like this:
Quote by littlephil
It doesnt make any difference whether you use F spaced or not in the neck, and even in the bridge it will still work fine, although F-spaced bridge is ideal. The magnets can pick up vibrations coming out from a field around the pickup, not just directly above the polepieces, like this:

But I want it to LOOK good. Guitars are all about looks.

Thanks for all your guys' help.
Axes;
ESP LTD MH-103

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!