title says it, good songs for an intermediate+ guitar player to learn, can you recomend me a good one?

EDIT: Hard Rock is my favourite genre, but things like glam metal or thrash metal (only megadeth and metallica) are OK
Last edited by actaderock at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by actaderock
title says it, good songs for an intermediate+ guitar player to learn, can you recomend me a good one?

I Cum Blood.

This is easier if you say what you listen to.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by Austyn6661
I Cum Blood.

This is easier if you say what you listen to.

are you ''pitmonkeying'' or is it for real?
TTFATF on expert.

Seriously tho colombians like maiden so the trooper.
Last edited by meridia at Jul 29, 2009,
Stairway to Heaven
And Justice For All
Ashes of the Wake
Cemetary Gates

They are all easy
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
Stairway to Heaven
And Justice For All
Ashes of the Wake
Cemetary Gates

They are all easy

^These should be about your level I listened to your profile.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Quote by actaderock
are you ''pitmonkeying'' or is it for real?

I'm being a dick. I just didn't know what music you liked, so I suggested the first thing that came to mind.

But yeah, go for the classics. Stairway, maybe some Deep Purple.
has a terrible signature.
Sweet Child of Mine (Guns and Roses of course).

The intro and chorus will help with alternate picking and will also introduce you to string skipping (if you haven't seen that before). The solo will be a bitch to get perfectly, but take it a couple measures at a time and slow it down, and eventually you'll get there.

When I was first starting out, a friend (who I am now in a band with) told me to learn SCoM if I really wanted to improve. It really was a pain in the ass, but by the time I was finished, my technique, speed and skill really blossomed.

EDIT: I just noticed you have a Line Six Spider III. I'm almost positive there's a SCoM setting specifically on there, so you won't have to mess with the tone either. Just tune down (if you want to play with the CD) and go for it.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by iro-bot31
Sweet Child of Mine (Guns and Roses of course).

The intro and chorus will help with alternate picking and will also introduce you to string skipping (if you haven't seen that before). The solo will be a bitch to get perfectly, but take it a couple measures at a time and slow it down, and eventually you'll get there.

When I was first starting out, a friend (who I am now in a band with) told me to learn SCoM if I really wanted to improve. It really was a pain in the ass, but by the time I was finished, my technique, speed and skill really blossomed.

EDIT: I just noticed you have a Line Six Spider III. I'm almost positive there's a SCoM setting specifically on there, so you won't have to mess with the tone either. Just tune down (if you want to play with the CD) and go for it.

lol, thanks for the advice, but i learned that song a while ago, BTW, Old Guns Rocks!
the guitar techniques forum is where questions about learning guitar belong. check in there for similar threads.
from daylight...
...into darkness