searched all over and couldnt find any answers.

i want to control parameters on my delay with an expression pedal. a 70 dollar roland is recommended. but i would have to order it, and it has a reputation for not being durable.

i saw a youtube video of a guy using an ernie ball vp jr to control and make the delay oscillate. but from the video i couldnt tell how he had it set up. i have the same pedal and have tried every different configuration. so...im assuming he modded the vp jr somehow? i sent him a message, but the video was kinda old, not sure if i will get an answer or not.

anyone know how this can be done?

thanks.
i got a dd-7. i saw some videos that toted the expression pedal jack as this dynamic control that lets you mess with the pedals parameters. in reality, it only messed with my dd-7's level control, which controls the volume of the delay. no big whoop. also, it is just a voltage controlled device, so any expression pedal will work. i use moog expression pedals, their new cheap-o's are actually quite good. i also use m-audio ones too, they're alright.

edit: forgot, analogman also makes mods for the dd-x series to add expression pedals jacks to any parameter to you want to control. the drawback is that the jack is hardwired, so controls that effect alone and can't control other effects, so you need to put some thought into which parameter you would like to manipulate before the mod. and he can only install 1 jack too, so you can't just get 3 jacks for 3 parameters.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by gumbilicious
i got a dd-7. i saw some videos that toted the expression pedal jack as this dynamic control that lets you mess with the pedals parameters. in reality, it only messed with my dd-7's level control, which controls the volume of the delay. no big whoop. also, it is just a voltage controlled device, so any expression pedal will work. i use moog expression pedals, their new cheap-o's are actually quite good. i also use m-audio ones too, they're alright.

edit: forgot, analogman also makes mods for the dd-x series to add expression pedals jacks to any parameter to you want to control. the drawback is that the jack is hardwired, so controls that effect alone and can't control other effects, so you need to put some thought into which parameter you would like to manipulate before the mod. and he can only install 1 jack too, so you can't just get 3 jacks for 3 parameters.

cool. thanks for the advice.
but i know the dd 7 expression jack controls more than delay volume. you just have to configure it once you hook up the right pedal.

this is the guy using an ernie ball vp jr, same one i have. but i cant tell how he has it rigged so its able to control the dd 7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCM-e2wrMXI

i realize i could just order the roland ev-5 that is recommended by boss, but its 70 bucks and cheap plastic. i know my ernie ball will last much longer and probably have a better range.