Page 1 of 2
The Hot Topic stage at Mayhem this year is The Black Dahlia Murder, Behemoth, Whitechapel and Cannibal Corpse. Hell yes. So, I plan on being there, but I'm leary about pit tickets; I'm not a big guy. I'm about 5'8 and around 120 lbs, really freaking thin. I don't have much concert experience, will I die at this show? How can I avoid dying? Is the front row really that dangerous? Will I be alright around the edges of the pit? Are you expected to sing along since the vocals are screamed/roared?
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Jul 29, 2009,
Yes you will die due to incessant moshing. I am sorry.
Yes, you may be safe around the edges I assume.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
man, i thought that this thread was to organize a pit field trip to a death metal show. that would be awesome.
I have no opinion on this matter.
If you go into the pit you WILL get pregnant and die.

Quote by Zugunruhe
man, i thought that this thread was to organize a pit field trip to a death metal show. that would be awesome.

me too.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by Zugunruhe

Let's do it.
I'm 5'7'' and 130lbs and if I can survive being in or near a mosh pit then I'm pretty sure you can be. Don't worry about it, just have fun!
Quote by Zugunruhe

Same wavelength man...
im 5'9-ish and weigh 130-something and do fine in pits.. just keep your balance, dont fall, or make anyone else fall
ಠ_ಠ
i was in a pit for the Black Dahlia Murder, and it wasn't bad at all. then again, i'm much much MUCH bigger than you, dude. and i have a jewfro on my chin that nobody wants to fuuck with
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Zugunruhe

HELL YES

Someone do it
I just remembered I saw Black Dahlia Murder before haha and I survived. I was in the middle pretty much the whole time. In my opinion, they're music is great, but I don't really think they're that great live. Sorry for going off topic a bit.
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
So, the Hot Topic stage at Mayhem this year is The Black Dahlia Murder, Behemoth, Whitechapel and Cannibal Corpse. Hell yes. So, I plan on being there, but I'm leary about pit tickets; I'm not a big guy. I'm about 5'8 and around 120 lbs, really freaking thin. I don't have much concert experience, will I die at this show? How can I avoid dying? Is the front row really that dangerous? Will I be alright around the edges of the pit?

In a real death metal pit you will see lots of circle pitting and shoving as well as charging. If anyone falls they will be picked up by surrounding people.

In a deathcore faggotry pit you will see lots of hardcore dancing (aka, the gayest shit you will ever witness short of getting assrammed) and can very easilly get punched or spinkicked in the face. I've seen someone go down and out in an ambulance because of that shit.

Just be careful and you'll be fine.
Also,

Edges are always safe.
Front can be suffocating.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Jul 29, 2009,
Just stay away from the hardcore dancers.
Im going moshing for my first time this Sunday, but Im sure im not half as worried as you are or should be, considering I am bigger.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Quote by King ofKumbucha
In a real death metal pit you will see lots of circle pitting and shoving as well as charging. If anyone falls they will be picked up by surrounding people.

In a deathcore faggotry pit you will see lots of hardcore dancing (aka, the gayest shit you will ever witness short of getting assrammed) and can very easilly get punched or spinkicked in the face. I've seen someone go down and out in an ambulance because of that shit.

Just be careful and you'll be fine.

They do that at local shows. i don't even like moshing, I just usually walk through the pit. Our venues are small, and to get anywhere you have to. I swear to god I saw a kid Falcon Punch another kid by "mistake" in a pit. I wanted to run over and yell "FALCON PUNCH KILLS MOSHERS!!!"
Woohoo getting my permission slip signed right now! I feel bad for the asshole who ends up being my buddy
Quote by i_killed_bill
Woohoo getting my permission slip signed right now! I feel bad for the asshole who ends up being my buddy

i guess that's me. do we have to hold hands?
Quote by AA00P
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
The Black Dahlia Murder, Behemoth

Quote by King ofKumbucha
deathcore faggotry pit

You're silly.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Hmm the pit at a Death Metal show...let me think about that

Dont sig me, bro!

Quote by Unourrit01
i love you.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lulstack?
It's not like the entire general admission (pit) area is one giant mosh pit (cept for maybe the last song of the night), just stay away from them if you're gonna die.... oh and if you hear the words 'wall of death', GET THE **** OUT OF THERE!!!
I went to Mayhem fest 2 weeks ago. Slayer had the BEST pits, by far. Then Marylin Manson came on and ruined the night
Quote by BK202
Only if you're bad during the bus ride.

i have a tendency to masturbate on buses. does that make me bad?
Quote by AA00P
The pit is a safe place, go have fun!
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by King ofKumbucha
No I'm not.

Ouch.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
No I'm not.
So long as you're not referring to Behemoth we're cool.
When I saw cannibal corpse the fans were huge. I don't know why but everyone is pretty big. The pit gets intense during them too. People aren't going to be dicks, but I did see a lot of people walking out with bloodied noses and one guy had to be helped out by security because he was knocked out.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by frog_friend
When I saw cannibal corpse the fans were huge. I don't know why but everyone is pretty big. The pit gets intense during them too. People aren't going to be dicks, but I did see a lot of people walking out with bloodied noses and one guy had to be helped out by security because he was knocked out.

I guess Corpsegrinder has that kind of "big" effect on people :p
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Quote by Zugunruhe

Me as well....
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
You will die.

Die valiantly at least.

NOT swinging like an idiot in a bar, but proper moshing.

Now, about that organized Pit field trip.......
GTFO my sig
Page 1 of 2