so, I'm looking down the neck of my Epiphone, Special II, looks straight, but has some fret buzz and the 1st and 2nd fret, I don't know if its just from being in Drop C that it's buzzing or if it the neck itself. any comments guys/girls?
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Nut may be too low. A little non-permanent trick i've learnt is to slot a piece of paper under the string at the nut. This allows the string to clear the first few frets easily.
the nut looks good, decent hight, haven't mucked with it ever.
the strings are old too, haven't changed in a year, that could be it too...maybe....
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Last edited by lefthandedkid at Jul 29, 2009,
Yea after a year its gonna be time for some new strings. Also what ga strings are you using. If your gonna be using drop c you probably want heavier strings. Light strings in low tunings tend to not have enough tension. You might also need to get a proper set up. Low tunings tends to change things.
no idea what gauge is on it now, but I know its about 9-42, maybe a bit bigger.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
yeah, I should, but its weird though, my Samick has the same gauges and is also in Drop C and buzz or anything
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?