like in popular music today?

that kinda robot/computer/digital voice? Kanye., you know?

i have garage band, can that do that?
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
automatically?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Just get a pitch correction AU plug-in or even better get antares autotune for mac you can download a demo off of their website
Quote by dubstar92
like a talkbox?

no i have a talkbox.. and at best thats Frampton-like.

EDIT: thanks guys!!
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Last edited by Early Cuyler at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Early Cuyler
no i have a talkbox.. and at best thats Frampton-like.

I dunno, that is all I could think of, but I think there is the kind that you can plug into a keyboard, which may be what they use.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Just get an Antares Autotune VST plugin
This is what t pain uses
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
multieffects pedals has voice sounding effects sometimes. mine is a BOSS me-70 and it does. but i would go with a talk box
how much is a vocoder/autotune?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
conversation is not the point of facebook. everybody knows the only reason anybody has facebook is to get a good look at that hot girl's tits who sits behind you in chemistry.
Can anyone link me a tutorial on how to use this on Windows? cause i have no idea what to get and what to do
Quote by Bamitchell
So you have possible wang cancer and your on drugs? PWNT.

"Money Can't Buy Life" - Bob Marley
to clear up confusion:

auto tune is a program (antares auto tune) that is probably the most popular pitch correction software. but most people just say auto tune to refer to pitch correction software in general.

pitch correction programs could be considered vocoders.

a pitch correction program is not a talkbox. they are entirely different

edit: oh and ts, you can get the results you desire with antares autotune, but i recommend a good vocoder, they are usually heavier on the effects part, such as running voice through a sawtooth wave (which is what t pain does)

sadly i cant give you names of any good vocoders cuz i dont really use em. google should help though
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Last edited by ep1kz at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Echoplex
If you don't want to pay for it, you can use Gsnap. It's free.

+1
Quote by Mudmen190
Just learn to sing.

This. I hate all the famous singers that use auto tune whille people who actually sing arent getting as much recognition. Well, I guess thats a good reason to use auto tune
Quote by slipknot5678
This. I hate all the famous singers that use auto tune whille people who actually sing arent getting as much recognition. Well, I guess thats a good reason to use auto tune

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Have you ever used autotune software? It doesn't MAKE you a good singer. You still have to be a good singer to sound good with it.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Open the editor at the bottom, and move the slider "Align to Key" or something all the way to the right. You have to have it set to the right key for it to work properly.
Vocoders utilise keyboards, whilst autotune corrects pitch whilst tracking. You still need to sing well for autotune to be useful though. T-pain, Kanye West etc use vocoders.

And there's nothing wrong with vocoders. This woman can sing fantastically well, and uses a vocoder for effect in this song:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2027581129352821452
Quote by slipknot5678

anybody who says this doesnt really know how autotune works.

autotune does NOT make you sing good. it tunes your voice (hence the word, autotune) to raise/lower them to hit notes. it does not give you control, tone, dynamics etc. etc. autotune is not a magic program that if you sing into the end result will be your voice made amazing, it simply adjusts the pitch to match with notes.

and also, the person has to be able to get fairly close to the note he/she wants to hit for autotune to be able to correct it without it being noticably adjusted. so it does require skill to use.

this is assuming you're talking about singers who use it live or in the studio to kind of 'enhance' their voice, not people like t pain and kanye on his new album who use it more as a main, very noticable effect, more like an instrument.

edit: i am clearly quite late
Quote by ep1kz
anybody who says this doesnt really know how autotune works.

autotune does NOT make you sing good. it tunes your voice (hence the word, autotune) to raise/lower them to hit notes. it does not give you control, tone, dynamics etc. etc. autotune is not a magic program that if you sing into the end result will be your voice made amazing, it simply adjusts the pitch to match with notes.

and also, the person has to be able to get fairly close to the note he/she wants to hit for autotune to be able to correct it without it being noticably adjusted. so it does require skill to use.

this is assuming you're talking about singers who use it live or in the studio to kind of 'enhance' their voice, not people like t pain and kanye on his new album who use it more as a main, very noticable effect, more like an instrument.

edit: i am clearly quite late

I was referring to people like t pain. I don mind if people use it, I just dont like it when people use it as a main effect and people think they really sing that good
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's a Vocoder he uses, not autotune.

im pretty sure he uses antares autotune, which is a vocoder.

unless by autotune you meant just straight pitch correction software
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antares autone is NOT a vocoder. It's based on the phase vocoder though. Here's a better run down than I can write:

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=21583

ahh, that clears it up. autotune uses a form of vocoding yet is not a vocoder :|

i appreciate the linkage
download the plugin and install it in garageband. Set it to the key of the song. Sing out of key. Hooray!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Vocoders utilise keyboards, whilst autotune corrects pitch whilst tracking. You still need to sing well for autotune to be useful though. T-pain, Kanye West etc use vocoders.

And there's nothing wrong with vocoders. This woman can sing fantastically well, and uses a vocoder for effect in this song:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2027581129352821452

+1.

You are bang on.
Quote by Mudmen190
Just learn to sing.

i like the sound of autotune.

i dont need it to make me sound nice... i want that "robot voice"
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!