i noticed my guitar was hurting my shoulder after standing with it for a while so i decided to weigh it and it turned out to be 11.5 pounds and i read on the internet that the average weight is 7 or 8 pounds

im confused cuz its a standard squire strat and i dont think it was meant to weigh this much

is this normal and is there some way to reduce the weight of it or contact squire and replace mine with a lighter one or something

thanks in advance
Quote by Zolom
look if i had tits on my face i wouldnt be having this argument right now. Id be very busy...furiously masturbating in front of a mirror! Now be quiet and let me **** the pig!
Quote by dweb23
ok that is very heavy, like les paul heavy

hey!!! i love my les paul! haha. and dude don't be such a pussy.
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

Probably the wood used. It might be plywood, but it sure as heck isnt alder/basswood/whatever they normally make em out of. Try getting a thicker strap, or a padded one, to reduce the strain.
Quote by qotsa1998
Probably the wood used. It might be plywood, but it sure as heck isnt alder/basswood/whatever they normally make em out of. Try getting a thicker strap, or a padded one, to reduce the strain.

the body is made out of agathis, ive never heard of it before i got this guitar
Quote by Zolom
look if i had tits on my face i wouldnt be having this argument right now. Id be very busy...furiously masturbating in front of a mirror! Now be quiet and let me **** the pig!
Quote by xItsGilbertYox
hey!!! i love my les paul! haha. and dude don't be such a pussy.

ye so do i haha! i didnt mean it as a bad thing
Most squiers now are made out of Agathis at least, they do not make them out of plywood anymore. Agathis is a bit on the heavy side sometimes.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
I like heavy guitars better; you might as well keep playing it and get used to it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.