Alright so! I have some cheap equipment. Pretty much hobby guitarist. And i'm looking to upgrade but i have too choose!

I own a peavey transtube series studio pro 112 65 watts
And a Digitech RP 250 I thought it would be nice to have but i was wrong? owned the Dighitech rp 250 for almost 2 years now Sadly the recording is horrible? Distortion sounds REALLY fuzzy when you record.

So to get to the point.. Should i invest in to a "Line 6 75 watt amp" OR Should i buy the Ling 6 pod x3 live?

Witch would be a smarter investment? Iv seen and heard them record and they sound Awesome? of course with just a amp i won't be able to record? Just getting some thoughts witch would be a good idea too do. or people who own the live pod x 3 and let me know what its really like. If its anything like digitech rp 250 Eww i wont waste my money.
Last edited by Starm6 at Jul 29, 2009,
You overuse question marks, and I would go with the pod live. I like my pod, I like high end line 6 gear. If the 75 watt is a spider avoid it.
Lol sorry, And alright i was just asking. Cause them Digitech Pedals least the rp 250 sucks. But hey thats just my reveiw on it. I'd rather have something that will sound great as well able to record. I wasn't sure if i should upgrade my amp to a line 6 or just keep the peavey cause 65 watts is all i need. But a good pedal witch can possibly give good tone compared too this 250 would be awesome. Thanks
I own an RP250 and I find it great for recording strait into a PC. Yes, it get's fizzy. You can dial that stuff down you know. Do you have XEdit?

POD is better. Hands down. Do not get a Spider amp. Why you have a Transtube amp and a Digitech RP is another story.

If you got bucks for a POD XT then you have bucks for a new amp which is what I would do. Look at a used Line 6 Vetta or Flextone II too if you happen to not want a strait up tube amp.

^what 311 said.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I own an RP250 and I find it great for recording strait into a PC. Yes, it get's fizzy. You can dial that stuff down you know. Do you have XEdit?

POD is better. Hands down. Do not get a Spider amp. Why you have a Transtube amp and a Digitech RP is another story.

If you got bucks for a POD XT then you have bucks for a new amp which is what I would do. Look at a used Line 6 Vetta or Flextone II too if you happen to not want a strait up tube amp.

^what 311 said.

This

The PODXT/PODX3 is incredibly little tool to record and play with. The presets are great by themselves, creating your own is very fun. Its a nice little investment even if you want to get a bigger amp later, since you can usually jack the pod into the power amp section of the amp and have it running with the pod as your preamp

If you want a small taste as to what a straight up recording from a podxt sounds like look at my profile at A dirge and Black Orpheus.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Jul 29, 2009,