So let me get this straight, if I run my amp through a Weber minimass or load dump(or any other attenuator), and then to a power amp (Crate Powerblock) and then to the speakercab, I can get that full tube sound at low volumes without changing the amps sound with the powerblock or anything? And are there maybe cheaper variants for the Powerblock?
If you attenuate after the preamp and before the power amp, you'll end up with a weaker signal, that's all. Attenuators go between power amp and speaker cab, so you can push the power tubes into overdrive without the uber volume.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
^That's not what reamping is, it's using a separate power amp, or another entire amp.

The tone will change a bit, of course, since you are running it through another amp. It is still the best way to get cranked amp tone at low volume outside of an isolation room.
There's a new EH amp coming out, pedal sized 22 watter, should be rather cheap. That might be a good substitute for a power block. You can also run the output into a stereo or your computer.
Quote by Roc8995
^That's not what reamping is, it's using a separate power amp, or another entire amp.

The tone will change a bit, of course, since you are running it through another amp. It is still the best way to get cranked amp tone at low volume outside of an isolation room.
There's a new EH amp coming out, pedal sized 22 watter, should be rather cheap. That might be a good substitute for a power block. You can also run the output into a stereo or your computer.

+1, thats the way to get tube tone.

I originally thought this thread was about another kind of reamping. Recoring the DI signal straight from your guitar then running it into amps later to see which amp gets you the right sound....or several amps.
WTLTL 2011