Page 1 of 2
holy ****

*jaw drops

edit:: that solo at the end there is ace
Last edited by backapage at Jul 29, 2009,
Good move; Brace yourself for the inevitable slew of UG member comments consisting of originals like "UG FTW" or "UG WAS HERE".
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
Good move; Brace yourself for the inevitable slew of UG member comments consisting of originals like "UG FTW" or "UG WAS HERE".

UG FTW
I posted it. My account is timbit2007 though Stupid ackass stole the name!
..I was watching my death.
Quote by MH400
Old video is old. You're about a month too late.

In the grand scheme of the internet, a month is THAT old.

That was a cool vid - reinforces my belief that Line 6 amps are pretty good for the money!
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
Spider aren't half as bad as people say.

Still, they're not great.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Spider II's aren't as bad as Spider III's, and, it was decently EQ'd.

Edit: What ^ said
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
Finally someone that can EQ their spider properly...

I think the Spider II's actually aren't as bad as the III's.

that's true. Although, the pedals that you can get for the IIIs are pretty good.

I have a II, the 15 wat version, without footswitch out. Pretty much the ****ier version.

But I don't really use it anymore, I'd rather use my 77' Ampeg VT-40.
to be honest spiders are good practice amps, you get a **** load of effects and a huge range of tones, but still, they do sound digital as ****
Quote by zip983
have any of the people that say line 6 spiders are **** actually tried one?

Me.

Vypyr > Valvletronix > Spider > MG

...the way it will always be.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Quote by zip983

me..and i stand by my disapproval
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Audioslave95
Me.

Vypyr > Valvletronix > Spider > MG

...the way it will always be.

Haha.
Is that a lesser than/greater than list?
Or is it what heads your using?

I ran a Spider II combo, to my Ampeg VT-40.
I was young and foolish then
I despise Line 6 Spiders,

Also, what's so special about this video? It really doesn't sound good to me at all, it sounds like jimmy paige playing through a digital amp, that's what it sounds like... =/

I think they focus too much on ease of use and new-player appeal.

That and has anyone else noticed how their cleans sound like a cardboard box?

Let me know when the line 6 does this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxmNU88l0WE

That's attainable.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I despise Line 6 Spiders,

Also, what's so special about this video? It really doesn't sound good to me at all, it sounds like jimmy paige playing through a digital amp, that's what it sounds like... =/

I think they focus too much on ease of use and new-player appeal.

That and has anyone else noticed how their cleans sound like a cardboard box?

Let me know when the line 6 does this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxmNU88l0WE

That's attainable.

Page's tone is a bit brittle and harsh live in my opinion, but to be honest that's probably the best classic rock tone i've ever heard dialed in with a spider 2/3.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Page's tone is a bit brittle and harsh live in my opinion, but to be honest that's probably the best classic rock tone i've ever heard dialed in with a spider 2/3.

i love his live tone
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Yes. I owned one for two years. It was terrible.

no, you were terrible and don't know how to use EQ. did you even look at TS's video?
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Spider aren't half as bad as people say.

Still, they're not great.

This. The Spider II was my first amp. But now I've moved on to my Marshall DSL.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Well sure they actually sound good at low volume levels, try playing that live with drums and you will hear the real crap tone at its best.
It's all about NI Guitar Rig 3

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Tempoe
Well sure they actually sound good at low volume levels, try playing that live with drums and you will hear the real crap tone at its best.

I've used them with my band all the time. its a lot easier to move a line 6 spider 2 212 than it is to move a vox ac30.

here's the problem, you guys saying they sound so band DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. learn to use an eq system and the knobs on your guitar to shape your tone. anything that isn't a $4000 combo amp will sound bad to people like that.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
no, you were terrible and don't know how to use EQ. did you even look at TS's video?

Yes I did. But, it broke down on me four times, I don't think proper EQ can fix that. Unless you know some magical setting that will keep it from getting fucked up.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Yes I did. But, it broke down on me four times, I don't think proper EQ can fix that. Unless you know some magical setting that will keep it from getting fucked up.

that has nothing to do with tone. you just bought a dud. i've had one for 4 years, not a single problem. it's as reliable as a wood burning stove.

I've got 3 amps, a fender deluxe reverb, a vox ac30 custom classic, and a spider 2, and the spider is the only one to NOT have any kind of electrical issue happen to it at all. the tubes in my fender burn out quickly, and it had a short once, the vox also had a short once requiring an expensive repair, but the spider has had nothing go wrong with it.
I would imagine if they had real celestion greenbacks they would sound a lot better at higher volumes, but cheap amps use cheap speakers even if they say celestion on them.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 29, 2009,
Regardless, it wasn't a good amp.
I couldn't stand the tone. Maybe it was because I didn't know what I was doing with the EQ, but that it was the first amp I had aside from my starter 10w Squier. Of course I'd had no idea, I just knew that after hearing my teacher play through his Fender HRD that I hated my tone and no matter how much I messed with the EQ, I couldn't make it sound good. I was glad when it broke down because I got a loaner amp each time and it always sounded significantly better.
Quote by me_llamo_juan

I couldn't stand the tone. Maybe it was because I didn't know what I was doing with the EQ.

this is correct
Quote by zip983

I have... they are ****

thank YOU

take note I play a JCM 800 2203 so I have extraordinarily high standards of amps.. orange ADH30s are nice too..
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by wizards?
Waaaiiit... What???

I'm not going to touch that one with a fifty foot pole.

well seeing as im the one who has both of them sitting next to each other, i think i should be making the call. the vox of course sounds better, but realistically on a recording the difference is in no way huge.
He's just that good of a player. Doesn't have much to do with the amp.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
well seeing as im the one who has both of them sitting next to each other, i think i should be making the call. the vox of course sounds better, but realistically on a recording the difference is in no way huge.

I listened to both and I could certainly hear a difference between the two. Granted I have to play through a dinky 15w spider III every week for lessons so I know how to use one, and I've played through my share of AC 30's, the AC 30 just doesn't sound so digital and in my opinion, fake as a Spider does.
Page 1 of 2