My first "band" moment was today during rehearsal, We finished the song we wrote in time with a pose and everything and we hadn't practised for 3 weeks. Felt awesome Anyways what was your (first) "band" moment?
Playing our new song all the way through for the first time. We just looked at each other with a huge grin. Best feeling ever.
RIP Tom Searle.
When we got together for the second time, played the first song we wrote perfectly and then we jammed and created a song right on the spot.

It was one of those "....Dude" moments.

Another one happened recently when we were playing through a half written song. The bassist and rhythm guitarist had gotten together and written an outro to the song, and they started playing it without telling anyone else. Our drummer just kept rolling with it, I saw it as the perfect solo opportunity and played the best solo I'd ever done.

We eventually let the song fade out, and we just stared at each other in amazement.
It was really awesome...then I woke up

Quote by soulflyV
When we got together for the second time, played the first song we wrote perfectly and then we jammed and created a song right on the spot.

It was one of those "....Dude" moments.

Another one happened recently when we were playing through a half written song. The bassist and rhythm guitarist had gotten together and written an outro to the song, and they started playing it without telling anyone else. Our drummer just kept rolling with it, I saw it as the perfect solo opportunity and played the best solo I'd ever done.

We eventually let the song fade out, and we just stared at each other in amazement.

I'd love to hear that song!
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
At a gig where everything is going great. And then finishing Technical Difficulties, near flawless...

Crowd was going nuts and we were just looking at each other with a huge grin on our faces
We played our set list perfectly from start to finish at band prac, we felt good man.
Then I realised that we sucked and we were going nowhere.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Last week we were in the middle of writing a song, and were stumped. We couldn't think of anything at all to do and were about give up on it. All of a sudden, each member of the band had an idea and the song was done in 5 minutes, and the polishing in another 5 after the run-through. It was cool.

Also, playing the last gig. It was so epically cool. The light-show was amazing and the stage and audience incredible. Our bassist was headbanging and felt sick and so had to stop playing momentarily.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
We Were Playing This Small Place And We Decided To Do A Really Slow Song Of Ours And People Started Getting Lighters Out And All Kinds Of Lighting Up Stuff. It Was Awesome! =]
a few months ago we were playing at a school assembly. but since most everyone was new at their instruments, we only had one song ready. they told us to just make something up on the spot, so my rhythm guitarist laid down a jam riff, and i solo'd over the top of it. it worked pretty well, and i played licks way beyond my normal ability. twas koo
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Band practice - just going for it, not giving a **** who messed up, improvised so much and basically just rocked out. Got two songs finished and were all buzzing from the experience. Having a smoke after that was like having a smoke after sex.

Live show - Getting pulled into a last minute gig put on, on the day, didn't expect a turn out of many, however around 150 people plus turned up and it was the best gig we did. 2nd gig and we were all nervous even more so when we saw the turn out, but we got through it and started a pit :-) which i got dragged into.
Well I'd have to say the first fight. You see, a band is like a marriage. It starts with good times and optimism, but ends with trying to stab your singer with a drumstick. Well, that last thing kind of only happened with my band.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by MH400
Playing our new song all the way through for the first time. We just looked at each other with a huge grin. Best feeling ever.

same here

looking back at it, it was crap, but it was our crap
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
One practice time,we got all feed backey.We had raelly nailed it that time and I ended up walking down the neck of my bass and throwing it around.But also,when we wrote our last song,all just fitted together.Was wow.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Me and a couple of mates just got up and did whiskey in the jar at an open mic. We'd never practiced but we knew that each of us could play it. Anyway, we played it, crowd went a little bit mental (good way) and when we finished it we all just looked at each other and said (in a yorkshire accent) "That were good that were!"
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Quote by username94
Well I'd have to say the first fight. You see, a band is like a marriage. It starts with good times and optimism, but ends with trying to stab your singer with a drumstick. Well, that last thing kind of only happened with my band.

we've written two songs and me (lead) and the bassist want to beat the **** out of our singer. the drummer wants to kill me and the bassist for messing around too much even though our singer is **** and can't play guitar very well. oh and also, the drummer does want to stab him with a drumstick.

anyways, our band moment was when we played our first ever live song (which was a cover of helicopter lol) and it was in front of 800 people at a school thing. it was epic, the only screw up was our singer dropping his pick which was EPIC FAIL. it went well though and i pulled off a two handed tapping thing in the second chorus while on my knees.

all round hi 5's back stage.
Quote by sum_41_1942
we've written two songs and me (lead) and the bassist want to beat the **** out of our singer. the drummer wants to kill me and the bassist for messing around too much even though our singer is **** and can't play guitar very well. oh and also, the drummer does want to stab him with a drumstick.

anyways, our band moment was when we played our first ever live song (which was a cover of helicopter lol) and it was in front of 800 people at a school thing. it was epic, the only screw up was our singer dropping his pick which was EPIC FAIL. it went well though and i pulled off a two handed tapping thing in the second chorus while on my knees.

all round hi 5's back stage.

lol, i wonder if the word 'dysfunctional' means anything to your drumdude...

But yeah, two handed tapping. Epic WIN!!! i applaud you sir
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Quote by Black Rat 1214
lol, i wonder if the word 'dysfunctional' means anything to your drumdude...

But yeah, two handed tapping. Epic WIN!!! i applaud you sir

lol yeah dude and me and the bassist did synchronized drop to our knees when i did the tapping part. me and him mess around on stage and singer is way too serious for how much he sucks.

and drummers funny. he's like a nerdy asian but he's also incredible agro and moodie.
Me and my band have never had any actual fights... we argue and stuff all the time, but we don't actually take any of it seriously.

But yeah, we've had some pretty satisfying moments... playing our first two gigs and finding out from the video recording afterwards that we actually sounded pretty damn good (it all sounded like distorted nonsense from where I was), and the satisfaction of playing original songs during practice and getting to the parts that just sound amazing. Also, the first time we stumbled through our 14-minute epic.
after our 3rd practice we played a song and at the end we just stood there silent, jaws dropped just looking at each other like.....yeah

it was awesome!
We found out we could all play ace of spades. Then we proceded to do so rather well on full volume, t'was awesome.
Finishing our first song for the first time.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Everytime I listen to WGFA - The Who around the best part in a song ever at the end of the synth solo where moon has that drum solo kinda thing and I play along and then scream like daltrey and then play like Townshend, I feel like I'm part of the Who.

Don't lie, everyone has done it.
There be no shelter here.
it was the time when i had the perfect band. =( anywho, we were messing around and then i started to make a riff to what my other friend was playing. then the drummer started playing to the beat... and we made it.

"the end has no end"
Quote by username94

Well, my drummer stabs me with drumsticks all the time..... I think it's how he says hello.....

Anyways, never had the chance to have one of these moments; the drummer never shows up to practice. Still though, what me and guitarist have gotten done without him has been pretty cool; we recorded a couple songs together, and they went pretty well.
Last edited by herby190 at Jul 29, 2009,
The bassist and I had gotten together to just jam for fun while our singer was on vacation, so we're just jamming, and we decide to write a song. So I pull up this random clean intro I've been working on for a while, let it fade, then I write a main riff. He makes up his part to go with it. Then we realize we need a chorus, so we just jam out the main riff, and when we feel it's time to change, we just completely improvise a chorus, and it sounds awesome. The next week, at practice, we just tell the drummer to try to keep up and start jamming it out. The next week, he brings in lyrics he wrote which were perfect for the song, the other guitarist has learned it by then, we insert a bridge with an epic solo, and all five of us jam it out, and when we're done, we just stare at each other, grinning and realizing that we just had a fucking awesome moment.
Quote by username94

When did you stab Jon with a drumstick? No offense dude, but I doubt you've ever really had a band moment .
my moment had to be when our singer got mad and said "this is my band... if you all leave it wont be dead it will just be put on hold..." I was like "yea..... now its like a real band"
Quote by IcePh0enix
When did you stab Jon with a drumstick? No offense dude, but I doubt you've ever really had a band moment .

I'm not talking about that. I was in a ****ty band with my neighbor for like a week in seventh grade. And what was your band moment when Joes amp blew out on stage?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.