Subject, is it good only for recording or can you actually use it, successfully, as a replacement of a normal OD pedal into an amp?

Short thread, but thanks in advance.
Quote by adambauman31
you can run it into an amp in a live setting

I know, but would it sound as good as a pedal? Like, could a pod "replace" a pedal, soundwise?
Quote by Panikak
I know, but would it sound as good as a pedal? Like, could a pod "replace" a pedal, soundwise?

well there are live PODs and stuff. I have a few buddies that run them live. And if its any consolation Wayne Static from Static X doesn't even use an amp live he runs a POD through a PA...
Quote by Panikak

It's all subjective. The POD does most things well. I'm not thrilled with the OD/Distortion/Fuzz so I plugged in individual pedals. Modulation, delay, reverb all quite good.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
POD, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!

POD, YEAH! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!

Disclaimer: It's actually great for recording and using as a backup amp/pedal board in a live situation...but I'll never miss the oppurtunity to make a Frankie Goes to Hollywood joke.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
My pocket POD cost me 100 Euros

I dare you to find a NEW amp for that price that sounds this good
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
My pocket POD cost me 100 Euros

I dare you to find a NEW amp for that price that sounds this good

My friend got one and it sounds terrible :p

I don't see much use for them. His is particularly faulty. It doesn't always turn on, even with new batteries, the output socket doesn't work sometimes. You only get what you pay for, and 100euros isn't much for a guitar emulator.

My sister's boyfriend has the pod 2 or 3x, and that seems to work pretty well, though.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
well there are live PODs and stuff. I have a few buddies that run them live. And if its any consolation Wayne Static from Static X doesn't even use an amp live he runs a POD through a PA...

You might be confused... Wayne is an avid Marshall MG user and has an endorsement deal to only use them live.. And his tone is one of those questionable ones when it comes being great. It works for his style of music but thats about it.

As for the question.. You can use them live, recording, practice and headphone practice. There a great all arounder. Which is what there designed for..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You might be confused... Wayne is an avid Marshall MG user and has an endorsement deal to only use them live..

hehe, he uses pedals into the CD-in Slot :P

That's what my sister's boyfriend does with his MG and pod " btw XD
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
I think the 2.0 sounds like crap, its good for practice with headphones but that about it.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
go listen to lincoln brewsters tone. he uses pods live and in the studio. he doesnt use any guitar amps in the studio. live, he uses an AC30 as a monitor and because it looks cool.
it doesnt matter what you play through to a certain extent. some people know how to get a good sound, some people dont.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Jul 29, 2009,
the pod's are great for versatility if you gig, i use a 2 amp setup (clean and high gain), and if a tube blows while i'm gigging, I know I can carry the show on cause I'll have POD presets incase of such a scenario, or maybe my main board is too big for stage use, I can condense it and use the POD instead