hi. i have a question about fingers' angle
when i play guitar my left hand finger are completely vertical on the fretboard and my teacher says that's the right fingering
but i see in many videos that professionals or some of my other friends have some angle on their left hand fingers when touching the fretboard. some thing between horizontal and vertical
my teacher says after a while my hands get to that shape automatically!
so is that righr?or i must practice that type?or which type is better?
whichever's more comfortable. when barring, your finger obviously needs to be flat across the strings to perform the barre. when playing an open chord, you'll need to make sure the open strings ring out, so your fingers shouldn't be touching them.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
I'd follow your music teachers advice.. getting into bad habits early on will make things harder- when you progress you'll realize how to alter the angle, but as of now it's best to build up the finger strength.

It also sounds sloppy when you first start playing at an angle.. with all that string noise you'd almost certainly cause.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
I think it's better to play however you're comfortable. The problem with a teacher is that as much as they are going to help you with theory and technique and such, they are also going to cause you to conform to a certain way of playing. Embrace your own style of while learning the necessities of music.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I think it's better to play however you're comfortable. The problem with a teacher is that as much as they are going to help you with theory and technique and such, they are also going to cause you to conform to a certain way of playing. Embrace your own style of while learning the necessities of music.

THIS

This is why im selft taught. And compare to what people might think, i haven't got any bad habits, etc. I can play some Vai stuff just to show you how I progressed, etc. Im just glad and proud i learned it all by myself and with no teacher to comform me to techniques and styles that is not me. I got my own style, own tricks and techniques, own sound and that's how i like it. Thats all what playing guitar is about. Being you.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Jul 29, 2009,