I play hard rock/thrash metal. I want something VERY versatile that can do everything from metalcore to punk. I don't mind actives or passice PUPs. My price range is around $400. I'd like to talk brands such as Schecter, Jackson, ESP/LTD, Dean, and Epiphone. I already own a Faded Epiphone SG G-400.

Guitars I have been looking at:

ESP H-101FM

ESP EC-256

Schecter Damien V FR

Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe (Musician's Friend only)

~~Thanks everyone
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard

Last edited by chaazums at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by stephen_rettie
none of those are a major step up from your g-400.

THAT'S WHY I NEED YOU TO RECOMMEND STUFF!!!!!!!!

Gear:
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666

Will someone please help meeeeeeee
Gear:
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666

The SG you already have sounds pretty much like just what you are looking for. Honestly unless there is something you really don't like about it, I'd save up for a better replacement guitar later.
try them all with your setup and the one that plays and sounds the best should be the one you buy
Try Ibanez Rg series i got mine about 5 months ago the Rgeg420Bam and its very versatile
Save up to around 800$ and spend it on a Schecter Blackjack ATX or a Schecter Hellraiser, or a Washburn X50Pro
Quote by chaazums
THAT'S WHY I NEED YOU TO RECOMMEND STUFF!!!!!!!!

I'm saying in your price range your not gonna see a major difference. but what dont you like about your set up now? if its the tone then look at new amps, if its a problem with your guitar then tell us.
you havent given us much to work with.
Quote by Simian
The SG you already have sounds pretty much like just what you are looking for. Honestly unless there is something you really don't like about it, I'd save up for a better replacement guitar later.

Pretty much this now just save your money and get a tube amp it's much better for your sound.