I was going to say use your amps overdrive in combination with the DF-7, but then I saw your amp... maybe a boost pedal, together with the DF-7, dunno, I'm no expert at that pedal

EDIT: Looked a bit up on the pedal, first use the Metal Zone model, try fiddling with the EQ (cut mids a little (no scoop) for standard metal sound and boost low) of course put your gain on full, if you've tried that, then maybe it's just the pedal...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Last edited by poipoi at Jul 29, 2009,
Ignore this thread, I thought Model no 2 was a Metal Master. Checked out the site, found model 2 was Ibanez TS-9. What I thought was TS9 was actually Pro Co Rat. Pro Co Rat became Boss MT-2, and model 6 became Metal Master.

EDIT: The metal master has a Morph knob. This thing doesnt have one. an someone give a good reccomendation for getting a good Iron Maiden-ish solo tone?
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 29, 2009,
crank the mids, not too much lows, highs are moderate, use your neck pickup. Normally on the metal master you would dial the morph knob back (counter clockwise) to get iron maiden tone (the morph knob is a hyped up mid knob with contour)
Quote by Chaosinborn
crank the mids, not too much lows, highs are moderate, use your neck pickup. Normally on the metal master you would dial the morph knob back (counter clockwise) to get iron maiden tone (the morph knob is a hyped up mid knob with contour)

Thanks.
BTW whats contour?
A contour knob is a knob that usually works in conjunction with your mids knob, on an amp for example. The mids knob dials in the amount of mids that you hear and the contour knob tweaks the frequency of midrange you hear. On zero you have thick low mids, on ten you have cutting high mids. It may be vice versa on some amps/ pedals though.