Hey, I have a bugera 6262 2x12 tube combo its my first tube amp and just tonight it stopped working

I can still turn it on but I get no sound and before anyone sais "have you checked your volume" yes I have I'm not stupid anyway i checked behind the amp too see that none of the power tubes are glowing at all

I'm thinking that I might need to change the tubes but I'm not really sure.

Also are the preamp tubes supposed to glow or not?

getting very frustrated haha.
no its not that lol

I have the amp fully turned on not on standby and the volume turned up on both the amplifier and guitar but still nothing and the power tubes are not glowing, does this mean that I need to replace the power tubes or could this have anything to do with the preamp tubes or whatever else there is in my amp hahaha
check into the bugera milita thread
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Bugera are known to have reliability issues. Maybe a blown cap or something fried?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Check the fuse. You probably fried it and/or your power transformer. It tends to happen on these amps.
i have tried with a different amp and cable and it is fine its definately the aamp but i dont really want to go ****ing aroudn with it too much im only 15 and i dont wanna **** it up worse especially if this can be fixed easily :\ lol
There doesn't have to be smoke if a transformer blew.

What happens when you flip the on switch? Do the lights come on or anything?
if you can be careful and pull the chassis out of the amp and check the lead wire coming off og the OP transformer. the older models of the Bugeras, pre-2009, use a plastic clip to conect the wire to the PCB board. it has been known to arc like a bitch and cause the cplastic clip to melt..resulting in loss of voltage in the amp. check to see if you see anything burned up or melted. if it is under warranty..they can replace it or fix...if not bring to a TV reapir shop or electrian and the can easliy fix it by cutting the clip of and soldering it to the board like it should have been to begin with
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
its not the speaker cable and yes the light come one when i turn the amp on but the tubes dont glow like they used to and theres no sound
i have a feeling its the plastic clip because the amp is working atm so it cant be the tubes or anythign else
Quote by Mitchelltav
i have a feeling its the plastic clip because the amp is working atm so it cant be the tubes or anythign else

thats 99% what it is. just pull the chassis out and check it. 4 screws on the top of the amp and 1 on each side, and it just slides out the back. make sure you pull the power tubes out first, and unplug the speaker cable from the amp. you'd be surprised at how many people forget to do that
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
he means pull out the chassis and check the clip where the PT leads connect to the PCB.

Which I do not suggest you do unless you actually know what you are doing, 1) because it will void your warranty, and 2) because filter caps store charge long after the amp's power is off and will shock and most likely kill your ass for just placing your hands in the wrong spots.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 30, 2009,