So hi once again.

I really need a pedal tuner for live performances and what is the best place than UG for these kind of questions?

So may you please suggest a pedal tuner for myself?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Korg Pitchblack
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Korg Pitchblack will do the job. Inexpensive, true-bypass and accurate.

EDIT - I think that the TU-2 will work as a power supply though.

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Last edited by Stuarttt-1 at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by blue_strat
Boss TU-2

Quote by DeltaFunk
Korg Pitchblack

+1, I guess those are most obvious, Boss is good, decent priced and the most reliable thing in the world... Don't know too much about the Korg, but I've heard nothing but good things about it, so...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

^hmm, never heard of the turbo tuner.

The only one I've had experience with is the boss pedal tuner. Good to use to daisy chain power to your other pedals with something like a 1spot.
And yeah...I need something that can handle batteries. DO these pedals ( the Korg and boss) handle them?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Boss do but its better to use an adaptator though.

Dunno about the korg?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
get the tu-2, it's fine.

sonic research tuner ftw ;o
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
peterson strobostomp. expensive, but it has amazing tuning accuracy (possibly too much).

the sonic research turbo tuner looks really nice too, though i only know what ive read from looking it up just now. has good accuracy and looks durable, and the two guys who recomened it know what they are talking about.

the jpt-10, well i would probably pass on that one. doesnt list the tuning accuracy on their so its hard to know what you would be getting.

the pitchblack is what i would probably go for. under $100 and its got good accuracy. not as good as the turbo tuner or strobostomp, but better than the tu-2 and a lot of the other tuners out there.
Pitchblack for cheap, Peterson Strobostomp for expensive

I can vouch for the pitchblack though, works great on stage.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by McLeod
Planet Waves gets my vote. Looks sweet too.

I like to leave my tuner on all the time and my Planet Waves makes a digital noise when it's 'tuning". It's also impossible to see in sunlight.
Quote by Stuarttt-1
I think that the TU-2 will work as a power supply though.

I thought you could daisychain the pitchblack too
maybe not though
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
^You can. No point in it really though, IMO.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
^You can. No point in it really though, IMO.

why no point?
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
^ Because it's basically only one other pedal.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
+1 for the pitchblack

tu-2 is less accurate and not true bypass. it costs more than the pitchblack too (in europe)

peterson strobostomp has awesome specs but i heared it breaks easily too (the stomp switch)

planet waves isnt true bypass

turbo tuner havent tried it but it has a reputation of being a solid tuner

pitchblack has a daisy chain out if that's your cup of tea, personally i run my pedals with an isolated power supply
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Quote by bubb_tubbs

Exactly.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by bubb_tubbs

so you couldn't use this with it
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-PCS-20A-Parallel-DC-Cord-101189488-i1124481.gc

Peavey Classic 30
also which of these pedals can you leave on while you are playing? Pretty sure TU-2 can but I didn't know if any of the true bypass models had this option.
If he is like me... I always try and keep my tuner out of the chain so paying extra for true bypass and something that is 100% noise free might just have him barking up the wrong tree
Quote by IbanezPsycho
If he is like me... I always try and keep my tuner out of the chain so paying extra for true bypass and something that is 100% noise free might just have him barking up the wrong tree

True.

I bought the Pitchblack because I love the display modes. Avoiding all the bypass nonsense was a bonus.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by ninjab
also which of these pedals can you leave on while you are playing? Pretty sure TU-2 can but I didn't know if any of the true bypass models had this option.

I'm pretty sure all of them mute your signal. Why would you want the crowd to hear you tuning?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
I'm pretty sure all of them mute your signal. Why would you want the crowd to hear you tuning?

when I'm playing in my room I wouldn't mind just leaving the tuner on even if it would slightly effect the sound quality.
I say the Pitchblack. Good accuracy, fast tuning and great bypass. For the price it's a steal!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
I say the Pitchblack. Good accuracy, fast tuning and great bypass. For the price it's a steal!

not to mention it looks sexy! compared to the boss tu which looks like a fisher price toy :P

it mutes the signal when tuning though, for those who asked
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Korg Pitchblack. I own one and it whoops the Boss TU-2. It has many different modes including strobe, it has a large bright display, and it just feels like quality.
"teh most gains"