Hi

I'm looking for a Rail pickup for my strat bridge position that is good for versatile rocky stuff, rather than shred or heavy metal.

Remember this is for the bridge position, would a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails or a Dimarzio Cruiser be good?

By the way, I am open to any other suggestions that fit my description and are in the same price range as the two pickups I stated.

Oyeah, I need a really nice clean tone, I will be using that a lot aswell.

Thanks, any help wil be appreciated.
Get some type of Bill Lawrence rail... he invented em, after all.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by The Chimney Man
Hi

I'm looking for a Rail pickup for my strat bridge position that is good for versatile rocky stuff, rather than shred or heavy metal.

Remember this is for the bridge position, would a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails or a Dimarzio Cruiser be good?

By the way, I am open to any other suggestions that fit my description and are in the same price range as the two pickups I stated.

Oyeah, I need a really nice clean tone, I will be using that a lot aswell.

Thanks, any help wil be appreciated.

Get the Cruiser its a god send
My Gear
03' MIM SunBurst Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard With Lace Alumitones
Epiphone PeeWee Les Paul
Starcaster By Fender
B-52 AT-112
Amplitube: Metal, Jimi Hendrix, Fender
Boss DS-1

Fav Bands: RHCP, Led Zep, ACDC, BLS, Slipknot
what's your amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You just completely ignored all the help given in your other thread then? If you want an authentic strat sound go for a proper single coil, Frusciante himself doesn't use rail pickups.

^^ If I recall correctly he uses a Blackstar HT-5
Quote by aaronni
You just completely ignored all the help given in your other thread then? If you want an authentic strat sound go for a proper single coil, Frusciante himself doesn't use rail pickups.

+1

I mean, I'd always say that the final decision has to be the threadstarters, but when you're blatantly posting new threads in the hope that people don't notice all the advice which went before, it's a bit annoying. Plus it's not like we're going to change our opinions because it's a new thread, either.

and if you already know what you want, why even make a thread?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by aaronni

^^ If I recall correctly he uses a Blackstar HT-5

Did you not read my replies? I said that I mentioned him because I want a Hi-gain tone and not a metal tone!!!
does frusciante use a high gain tone?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

and if you already know what you want, why even make a thread?

Umm, some people change their minds sometimes.

So am I only allowed to post 1 thread about a pickup ever?
no, that's fair enough if you've changed your mind. It's just it was so similar to the last one that it wasn't clear you had. Sorry about that, we're used to people posting new threads just because they don't get the answers they want in their original threads, it happens all the time.

Sorry.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
no, that's fair enough if you've changed your mind. It's just it was so similar to the last one that it wasn't clear you had. Sorry about that, we're used to people posting new threads just because they don't get the answers they want in their original threads, it happens all the time.

Sorry.

It's Ok
Quote by The Chimney Man
It's Ok

look, i'm glad you and dave made up, but tbh, it's only because he's so nice about everything.

i think i've talked wt you before and i'm sure you know i'm a generally helpful poster.

but there is an issue when a guy makes the duplicates of another current thread just to get additional interest in his original question...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
but there is an issue when a guy makes the duplicates of another current thread just to get additional interest in his original question...

This is what had me a bit annoyed earlier, apologies for coming off like that. But you mentioned you wanted a stratty tone and something like Dani California. Frusciante would've used his strat pickups, not rail pickups for that sound. At the end of the day it is your choice but personally I find most conventional single coils can handle that sorta sound just fine.

If you want a more high gain tone than standard single coils you would be better off with rail pickups. I'm just suggesting single coils as you said in the last thread you wanted to retain the stratty tone as well.
Last edited by aaronni at Jul 29, 2009,
cheers jenny

^ i agree. if you definitely want the heavier tone, maybe even a full-size humbucker, as mayonaise 812 suggested, might be worth considering if your guitar is routed for one. the problem with the rail pickups is that, with any i've tried anyway, you run the risk of falling between two stools- it won't sound like a single coil any more but might not sound close enough to a humbucker either. that's fair enough if that's the tone you're after, but (in my limited experience, anyway) it's generally better to treat those single-coil-sized rail pickups as a separate type of pickup. they're fine if you know what you're after, just don't expect perfect strat tones one minute and perfect 'bucker tones the next, kind of thing, because if it worked like that everyone would have all their guitars filled with rail pickups...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?