Same IP addresses.

I'm not a mod but I mod my own board. It's very easy to catch people.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

im not a mod, but afaik you can get the vB forum software to do a search for any accounts used on a certain IP. You can do it with phpBB anyway, so i assume vB can do it. So then you have a list of users that have used the same IP. Then by use of common sense, you catch the multi.

Also, on every post for mods (maybe just S-mods, im not sure), there is a little icon that you can use to check a posters IP address
so if a family has two members on this site who have separate accounts but use the same computer, how do they know they're not 'multi's'?
Quote by Shyne
so if a family has two members on this site who have separate accounts but use the same computer, how do they know they're not 'multi's'?

We tell a mod. My brother and I each have accounts, he had one first. Once I made mine, I found out about the rule and PMed a mod about it. They put a note on my profile saying it's cool.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
We tell a mod. My brother and I each have accounts, he had one first. Once I made mine, I found out about the rule and PMed a mod about it. They put a note on my profile saying it's cool.

Gotchaa... Thanks.
Of course, now my brother is out on his own so he is never on here, but you know, just playing it safe. Would suck to be banned, yeah?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Shyne

you can also judge by the way the users have posted. iirc there was one multi saying one was his, and one was his sisters, but his "sisters" account had been going on about "her" hairy armpits or penis or smthing. AFAIK its in one of carmels FOTB blogs
Quote by googoog'joob
just curious, how do you catch somone with multi accounts?
It's hard to explain, exactly. It works something like this:

Quote by nightraven
tip: don't post threads like these

you know you're not supposed to make or use another account if your first one's banned.

who's xorg3? lol
Classic!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.