Poll: Does swearing offend you?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does swearing offend you?
Yes
6 7%
No
49 55%
Indifferent/depends on context
34 38%
Voters: 89.
Page 1 of 2
Personally, i think its just another word, so i don't find curse words offended, but does it offend you?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Depends on the context.
The words are less offensive than the manner in which they are delivered.
****, I swear in every ****ing sentence.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Eh, it depends on context completely
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
I don't really find it offensive, but I'm always aware that others might find it offensive.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Swearing in itself doesn't offend me but then you get all the pricks that are too moronic with such a limited vocabulary that they can't go half a sentence without swearing. That pisses me off to incredible amounts.
There are no bad words, only bad ideas.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
If it's used against me, I might be a bit offended (not usually, though). If it's just used for emphasis etc then I find it highly annoying in anything but miniscule doses
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by MightyAl
Depends on the context.
The words are less offensive than the manner in which they are delivered.

This
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
no not really because a lot of people actually don't know what half the swear words they're saying mean or when its suitable to use it
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
It bothers me when older people do it in anger. Like, a middle-aged guy cussing out his wife is just horrible. "**** yeah!", "Oh ****!", and the like are fantastic, though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Nope.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by The Kreator

Why are certain words offending to us?

I'm sure if Kumanji were here, he'd offer a lecture on why some words have an air of taboo about them. In his absence, I'll just say it's society's fault
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Not really but just seems stupid when swearing when you don't need to.
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
^^

xD
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
no
<--- Craig: Guy With Best Username Ever
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
TS, your username is really difficult to type, so I'm just going to refer to you as Craig from now on. Okay? Okay.
I'm generally not offended by much, and swearing doesn't normally do it for me. However, it is annoying when you talk to someone and they spurt out curse words every 4 seconds.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I dont mind if people swear around me, as long as its called for and theyre not swearing every other friggin word. Cause then they just sound like retards and I regret immediately even talking to them.
the only time cursing affects me is when my dad yells f*ck cuz it scares the sh*t outta me
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Does It Offend You, Yeah?

It does dependent upon the context. I believe, however, you can be more offensive by not actually using swearwords.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Last edited by hellbound_jonny at Jul 29, 2009,
Only when people use it ****** irrelevantly or used in an ***** unsuitable manner just to try and be funny or on topic.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Playing on Xbox LIVE has given me an insatiable hatred for swear words from the mouths of babes.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I have a pretty wide vocabulary (more so than alot of people i know), but i do still swear when i'm angry or something, not many words can fit the bill of expressing how i feel as much as a good curse word.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
No, not really.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Not in the fucking slightest.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
It needs to be delivered well, and not every other word. I don't mind when women curse, but for some reason it's ten times worse when they do it incessantly.

There actually some times when I feel that adding in a curse would ease the tension in whatever delicate sentence I have to relieved. Sometimes just adding the word **** changes one's entire impression of the sentence. They're basically handy when you need to make something less serious, which I realize is sort of the opposite of what they were used for once.
Motherfuck no it doesn't.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Fuck yeah!

goddammit!

I'm pretty indifferent to swears. Slurs, however...
I don't even get why certain words are 'bad.' Just because they're a lot stronger than most words doesn't mean they're 'bad.' The only way I would get offended is if it a really negative context, "That concert kicked ass" is fine but if someone said to me, "**** off you ****ty little ****ing pussy face," I would hope that person is wearing a cup of they're **** because that's right where my foot would be headed.
Depends. If it's like on the internet, then I don't care, but if someone tells me to f*ck off, I'll be offended, as my already low self esteem will descend deeper, but generally, I'm not offended.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Page 1 of 2