hey guys i had a previous thread asking between two multi fx and everyone kept recomending different ones.

i mainly want this for distortion so all the different types of distortions so please list out some products which relate this request thanks alot

so multi effects pedal board which would be good for gigging and recording thanks
I have the digitech rp350. It is good for everything except high gain distortion. It's high gain stuff sounds pretty thin and digital, especially for live and recording. So I guess, avoid that one? I have heard the Line 6 Pod stuff is cool but have never used them.
Yea, dont skimp out on this. I did, got the RP250, and have been regretting it ever since
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
most multi-effects are very lacking in the distortion department. these digital effects are much better suited to reverbs, delays and modulations than distortions. i have very rarely found a digital distortion that i would ever even consider using. for the price that you would have to spend to get something that sounded ok, you could pick up two or three pretty good dirt pedals that would most likely sound a lot better than anything in the m-fx.
^the TC nova drive is analogue by the way, wich is why I recommend it.
well ive never seen that one before, looks interesting. with 18 presets and actual analog distortions and overdrives, it looks like that could be something worth using. have you tried it out? does it sound as good as i would like to think it does?
thanks guys for the quick replys that nova drive looks sweet researching some more on it now thanks for that, i have some distortion pedals but then i always search some more and will find some better ones on stuff like the nova drive so i will sell them to fund my next FX thing i buy.

my budget is just under 200 pounds atm :/ please carry on with the suggestions much appreciated
Although this isn't in your price range, you might all be interested in this if you havn't seen it:

I'm surprised there aren't more companies making high-quality analogue multi effects; I think the Quattro looks like an awesome piece of kit.
that looks pretty nice, i have fallen in love with the me50 it looks absolutely great should i get that?
Quote by TheShizzNizz
that looks pretty nice, i have fallen in love with the me50 it looks absolutely great should i get that?

I reccommend it.
Quote by jof1029
well ive never seen that one before, looks interesting. with 18 presets and actual analog distortions and overdrives, it looks like that could be something worth using. have you tried it out? does it sound as good as i would like to think it does?

I never tried unfortunatly but as far as I know, most of TC electronics' products are awesome, and the demo sounds good too (the parralel routing is pretty cool), so I have faith in that one, but yeah I'll have to try it of course.

TS, the me 50 is just okay imo, it can be good for a while, but someday you'll start to find the tone very digital, but the good thing is that it's pretty easy to use. So not a bad product, but not something I would highly recommend either. And, like I said in your other thread, a line 6 pod would be better for the sound, but if you want simplicity then the me 50 is better.
Quote by TheShizzNizz
thanks again guys, i dont get what you mean by digital ??

Ok, consider digital modeler/multi FX processor as a computer. Your guitar signal goes in the unit's input, then your signal is digitally processed, wich means it is converted into digital information, and then the modeler runs program, exactly like in a computer, and this program modifies your sound, and then this information is converted back to an analogue signal and then goes to the output.
An analogue device only use electronical components (capacitors, resistors, transistors, integrated circuits etc.) to modify your sound, that's why they sound more natural than their digital counterparts.
Digital vs Analog, electrical waveforms. Most multi fx will manipulate the signal and produce an altered digital sound, often seen as a lifeless and "cold" sound. Analog signals can be seen as having more "warmth" (in a sense), and seeming more natural.
oh ok thanks you see my pedals i have are boss and it seems like the me 50 has almost every distortion pedal made by boss so thats what grabed my eye about that multi fx pedal
Quote by TheShizzNizz
oh ok thanks you see my pedals i have are boss and it seems like the me 50 has almost every distortion pedal made by boss so thats what grabed my eye about that multi fx pedal

Well, you know Boss distortions aren't that good anyway. The me 50 is ok for the price, but yeah, just ok