So I laid off the metal for a week or 2 to practice Still got the Blues for my daddo's b-day. That's done. I started off with easy songs (for me) like Bat Country. Solo comes up. I ****ing fail at the solo!!! before I did still got the blues it was like breakfast! now i can't even play it cleanly. So ok, **** it and I play In Your Face - COB. Solo fail again. Now I'm sour and pissed cuz I can't even play 2 damn simple solo's. fml. WTf is up
Another unoriginal prog head.
um... you suck?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
it will come back to you..practice everything real slowly
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by turtlewax at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Ne0Assass1n
it was like breakfast!

Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?
Please tell me nobody actually says that.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
For one thing, the Bat Country solo isn't a simple one. Second of all, calm the heck down and shut up and start playing guitar and practicing instead of complaining. It's not a video game where you start where you left off. It requires maintance.
Quote by Ne0Assass1n
So I laid off the metal for a week or 2 to practice Still got the Blues for my daddo's b-day. That's done. I started off with easy songs (for me) like Bat Country. Solo comes up. I ****ing fail at the solo!!! before I did still got the blues it was like breakfast! now i can't even play it cleanly. So ok, **** it and I play In Your Face - COB. Solo fail again. Now I'm sour and pissed cuz I can't even play 2 damn simple solo's. fml. WTf is up

Slow it down and keep practising until you suck less. I'm right in the middle of a "suck meteor storm" and it is extremely frustrating. Just keep playing, identify exactly what you suck at and repeat it slowly until it becomes more natural to you.
Jackson PDX Demmelition w/ EMG 81/85
Vintage Lemon Drop w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Dean Z Bubinga w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts

Blackstar HT-5 combo
Yeah seriously calm down. Just remember you are human and you will get BETTER if you keep on practicing the solo, it's impossible to suck at something forever. Play it at LOW SPEEDS until you get it perfect then gradually move up. The reason we say this is because not only does it allow you not to develop sloppy technique but when you have mastered the low speeds it will build up you're motivation since you can see yourself improving.

Practice the riff FOR AS MANY HOURS AS IT DAMN TAKES. No one on here is gonna spoon-feed you the ablity to play the riff, it's up to you...I've gone at a single riff for nine hours before...keep going and YOU WILL BE REWARDED, I promise you. but the simple question is

How bad do you want it?..
If it makes you feel better, I can't even play the solo from "When I Come Around"...
I have trouble with that descending run of triplets in The Unforgiven solo. It's not even that fast but it just does not compute when playing it at full speed. Some licks just refuse to go in there! *taps head*

Blackstar HT-5 combo
Quote by ShogunRonin
Yeah seriously calm down. Just remember you are human and you will get BETTER if you keep on practicing the solo, it's impossible to suck at something forever. Play it at LOW SPEEDS until you get it perfect then gradually move up. The reason we say this is because not only does it allow you not to develop sloppy technique but when you have mastered the low speeds it will build up you're motivation since you can see yourself improving.

Practice the riff FOR AS MANY HOURS AS IT DAMN TAKES. No one on here is gonna spoon-feed you the ablity to play the riff, it's up to you...I've gone at a single riff for nine hours before...keep going and YOU WILL BE REWARDED, I promise you. but the simple question is

How bad do you want it?..

I've been trying to play the mainriff to Blackened all week. My gf is not impressed and I am now practising in the back bedroom!

Blackstar HT-5 combo
Those are hardly simple solos to play up to speed, just practice them for a few days slowed down and you'll get it back. I;m on vacation right now and determined not to play much metal and try to play some relaxing Jazz. I expect to put myself through some rigorous practicing when I get back to whip myself back into shape.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join