I'm thinking about the Billie Joe Les Paul Junior, or the normal one that is out now.

I like the look of the billie joe one more, but it doesnt have a ral p-90..

Anyone try either, whats your opinion?

Price is not an issue.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Played the BJ one once. It was good, but the frets weren't really for shredding, better for chords.
yeah, well i already ahve a les paul which is fine for shredding, i jsut want something for rhythm, which is my strong point in playing..
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

If the difference between the two models is justifiable then get the signature if it isn't then don't and mod the stock model.
i havent tried either, so i dont know yet.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

anyone else play em?
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

If price isn't an issue man go for a VOS 57 or something. I take it by your name that you like Green Day, and Billie Joe uses his vintage LP Jr's over his sig. now. But, I have played a couple of the 09 jr's, and i dug them. As with the lower end gibson's though, if possible play a few and try and find a good one.
only real difference is

the p90 and the p100
its a satin finish on the non sig one
you get a nice hardcase with the bj
and thats it really
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
I own a regular LP Jr and its a pretty awesome guitar. The p90 has a really raw sound and its good for lead stuff and chording. IMO even sounds good with high gain. As said above just make sure to play the one you are buying before hand to make sure it isnt a lemon. If you tell me what you want to hear (clean, dirty, lead, rhythm, etc.) I'll record something and post in on the profile for you, just PM me.
thered be no real difference in quality either
so is it worth the couple of hundered extra?
i doubt it
go for the normal one
p100s dont even sound like real p90s
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
the billie joe signature technically doesnt have a p-90 pickup it has a h-90 custom made for him the only difference is that the h-90 is stacked so its better for playing live but one thing my frnd the fact that it is stacked in no way takes away the classic p90 tone and scream (in this case of course)
if you can afford a billie joe signature get it if not save up if u cant save up get a normal junior
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
I really hated the BJA LP junior it really played well for chords but going up the neck it isnt made for solo work as stated before.

i prefer the standard one as its a fraction of the price and felt alot better than the BJA sig. go for the standard one in my oppinion
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by steve!
thered be no real difference in quality either
so is it worth the couple of hundered extra?
i doubt it
go for the normal one
p100s dont even sound like real p90s

this. i think the signature model is overpriced for what it is.

nobody should ever underestimate the power of the les paul junior - they are amazingly versatile for a guitar with 1 single coil pickup, they have extremely good sustain, and intonation isn't much of a problem despite the lack of proper adjustment.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by greendayispunk
the billie joe signature technically doesnt have a p-90 pickup it has a h-90 custom made for him the only difference is that the h-90 is stacked so its better for playing live but one thing my frnd the fact that it is stacked in no way takes away the classic p90 tone and scream (in this case of course)
if you can afford a billie joe signature get it if not save up if u cant save up get a normal junior
I don't really see how having a stacked pickup is better for playing live
Quote by al112987
I don't really see how having a stacked pickup is better for playing live

the slightly take the anooying noises away but ofcourse nowhere near humbuckers
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by al112987
by that logic any single coil would be bad for playing live.

well it really depends on the player and how he uses his guitar and if he can control everything
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112