I've been considering buying a bass amp since my 40 watt is a bittle small and it's not a good amp to match up for my fender bass. So i've been considering this one:

Ashdown MAG-C410T-300 Combo
Costs around 900$

Is this amp good for this price or is there any other amps for the same price which is better for rock / a little metal bass playing.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Yep its a good amp, but i would say if you can get the halfstack instead of the combo.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yes, ashdown get a lot of credit down here in these parts.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Ashdown is great... they discontinued one of the lines (the one I have) but I forget the exact make. It's the electric blue one; blue speakers and blue face on the head. I agree, get the stack and not the combo. I have 1 12" and 2 10"s and it's got pretty much the best sound in any direction you want to take it. Low and boomy, high and clean, solid mids... everything. If you do some research (harmony reviews is good) there is ONE line of Ashdown that got less-than-great reviews though, so look into that. I've had my combo about two years, so I forgot the details. For the two cabs and a head I only dropped $500, and every bassist I know would rather play my amp than theirs.
I was thinking about getting the same amp but with the 15 inch speaker. If you get that 4x10 and eventually get a 15 inch cab to go with it, well there's your stack right there!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

One thing to keep in mind when it comes to Ashdown:

they make fantastic sounding amps, and I've always been impressed with them, BUT their lower models (such as the MAG series) have a reputation of breaking down/ needing repair. While every amp company cannot be perfect, Ashdown is located in Britain, so if you aren't living there, sending it to them for warranty repairs etc can get expensive and time consuming.

One of my old bass teachers used Ashdown for a long time, then had his head break on him. Since it was under warranty, he sent it back to Ashdown. Took 2.5 months to get it back, plus they did not cover shipping.
I'd get the 115 combo and then the 410 soon after. The money you save from buying the 115 combo puts you a third of the way through paying for the 410 cab. I suggest having the 115 as a combo because if you ever decide to upgrade/split to a separate head, you can keep the 410 -the more expensive cab- for your new rig, if you wish.
Thanks for the advice guys... But i prefer buying it in Norway (where I live)

The C115 combo costs like a 120-150 dollars cheaper and that's jsut a fift of what the cab costs. And I swear I read that this supports and external speaker/cab, may someone confirm that please?
Yes man ashdown are intense you should go for it.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
On the "breaking down " point, it was more Ashdown guitar amps that royally f*cked up (I know several people who had big problems with their Fallen Angels), and the only repairs I've ever done on people's Ashdowns that wasn't their fault was simply a fuse exchange, which is dirt cheap and easy to do.
Quote by sfaune92
I've been considering buying a bass amp since my 40 watt is a bittle small and it's not a good amp to match up for my fender bass. So i've been considering this one:

Ashdown MAG-C410T-300 Combo
Costs around 900$

Is this amp good for this price or is there any other amps for the same price which is better for rock / a little metal bass playing.

I may be talking out of my arse but I'm sure you can get the separate head and cab of the same kind for less.
Yes you can get an extension speaker and latch it onto that to get the ful 300 watts from the beast. Are you buying from a shop or a website we could look at.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Yes you can get an extension speaker and latch it onto that to get the ful 300 watts from the beast. Are you buying from a shop or a website we could look at.

I'm buying from a shop

this is the online website for that shop
http://www.rebelimport.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_138&products_id=993
(good luck reading norwegian)

----

6150,00 kr is the same as:
$ 986,90 or
£ 602,53 or
€ 699,74
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jul 30, 2009,
Ya, they dont have a mag head or cabs on that site so your best of with the 4x10 combo.

Weirdly enough thomann doesnt have a Norwegian section from what i could see, im i just missing it or is it not there.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Dear lord.
I bought the exact same amp for just over half of that price. It was brand new as well.

I think you should get the separate head and cab though, because it means you always have the option of switching cabs etc, and just taking the head to a gig.
I would get the MAG head and then a 115, then a 410 in that order. A 115 will push enough bass frequencies for gigging, then a 410 will add clarity. But the low frequencies are most important live, remember that guitars should be harsh, and you are providing most of the low end. Then the 410 will add some punch.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I'm pretty biased toward the 4x10 speaker combo, mostly because I play funk bass in my metal band so I stand out. If you just do the standard bass line, you are going to be lost in the mix, especially when you're playing metal, with a 4x10. I'd get the 15" speaker, and then get the 4x10 later. Like mentioned above, the 15" will get you out of the mix and the 4x10 will add clarity.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
I'm not too much into using the standard bassline. If you here heard the "unnamed song" on my profile, you probably think i have boring basslines but i have written another one now.

And you may check out this thing i composed, I use a bassline in my style there.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166908

But if i play just straight root basslines i'm fine with being buried, but i usually don't