I've been reading the tutorials, but I'm still getting a bit confused.

I have a Douglas Strat Copy
http://www.rondomusic.com/product2304.html

And I want to get rid of the Douglas logo on the headstock and paint it white to match the body.

Would I just need to sand off the douglas logo and then begin applying a finish? Or do I have to sand the whole headstock down first?

Most of the tuts were talking about stripping the paint off bodies, but the headstock doesn't have any paint on it so I was just wondering...

Thanks.
Probably just sand with some medium sand paper, then start doing your stuff.

As for painting it properly, I don't know what the proper way to go about it is.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I'll read more into the tutorials on painting, I was just wondering if I should only sand the logo or sand the whole thing to keep things "even" I guess

Thanks for the info.
go for the whole thing. it'll only take a few extra minutes and you'll wish you did if you dont and it comes out ****ty
RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)
^^ I like the white. I'm guessing it's going to be hard to match the headstock white to the body white, so that would make doing the whole thing generally a better idea.

Thanks.
If you want good advice, go to the painting and refinishing thread in my sig. That is where the experts hang out.
Though not painted, your headstock probably has clear coat on it. You need to sand the entire headstock with 400 grit to give the paint a good surface to stick to. Prime, (guide coat then sand again if you want a really good job), colour coats in sets of 3 until it is the colour you want, then ~10 light clear coats. Sand up to 1000 - 2000 grit, buff. Fin.