Okay, I myself have never participated in a collab [because usually it turns into some fucked up drop-a tuning death shredcore thing, and I can't build off of that. XD] so I figured that if I started one and had the intro, that'd be a tad easier. And I'm bored. And I don't see one on the front page. So let's do it!

So let's see. Collabs need some sort of rules/guidelines, don't they? Let me think of a couple.

-When you start adding your own original stuff, place a marker that has your username. Pretty simple.

-As far as editing the ending of someone else's piece to make it easier to blend into yours, I think that's fine, but it might depend on the user. So just say that you edited the ending of the last section a little or something.

-If you want to extend the previous user's piece a bit [via copy/pasting], I think that's fine, but you should still put your name where you started to add stuff.

-Add as many instruments as needed. I have what I needed, and I threw in bass and drums because... well, they're usually used. XD.

-When you upload it, make sure there's a .gp5 and .gp4 in the .zip, so that .gp4 users can also do it if they want to.

-If, for whatever reason, you edit something that's like... way earlier in the piece, then say something about it in the post and why you did it. Bad note/out of scale, a part too quiet, etc. etc.

Other than those, I can't really think of anything, so... Go crazy with your part, if you must. Change tempo, time signatures, keys, whatever... Just so long as it sounds good and is tasteful.

I started it off simple. Acoustic with harmonizing leads ftw.

EDIT: Listened to what I uploaded, and I definitely forgot to put a vibrato on a note at the end on one of the electrics. XD. Could the next person fix that for me?
Attachments:
CollabBlue.zip
Last edited by Msu_Man04 at Jul 31, 2009,
haha, i've wanted to do a collab for a while now :P:

Gimme a few minutes, and i'll edit this post with what I've got. Nice riff to start with, btw

EDIT: Sorry guys, I won't be able to do it right now and I doubt I will until day after tomorrow, so Butt Rayge, you can just go ahead and I'll join whenever I'm back on
Last edited by aceral1715 at Jul 30, 2009,
Yeah, you are... I'll have a look at yours regardless, but i can't promise anything will happen with it.

Heres mine.

By the way, I deleted the bass track and made it a 6-string, tuned in standard guitar tuning, down an octave.

I'm not sure I can use that^

It's pretty good though.

EDIT: In case you couldn't tell, I reused a few phrases from the original piece as the lead 31-38
Attachments:
CollabBlue.zip
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by Butt Rayge
Yeah, you are... I'll have a look at yours regardless, but i can't promise anything will happen with it.

Heres mine.

By the way, I deleted the bass track and made it a 6-string, tuned in standard guitar tuning, down an octave.

I'm not sure I can use that^

It's pretty good though.

EDIT: In case you couldn't tell, I reused a few phrases from the original piece as the lead 31-38

Yeah, I saw. XD. You didn't copy it exactly, 'cause you missed one bar of it at the beginning, but oh well. Maybe you intended for it, maybe not.

I like your part, it's got a really nice groove to it. The only complaint I had is that the transition from mine to yours was... nonexistent. XD.
Quote by Msu_Man04
Yeah, I saw. XD. You didn't copy it exactly, 'cause you missed one bar of it at the beginning, but oh well. Maybe you intended for it, maybe not.

I like your part, it's got a really nice groove to it. The only complaint I had is that the transition from mine to yours was... nonexistent. XD.

can i create a transition in that part? i dunno if its aloud but i think itd be fun to try to add a couple bars for a transition.
i'm down for a collab... PM me for clips of what i've done/can do...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by rkay
can i create a transition in that part? i dunno if its aloud but i think itd be fun to try to add a couple bars for a transition.

Yeah, go ahead. You can take out that last chord arpeggio if you want, do what you want. As long as the THING is still there.
Quote by Msu_Man04

Yeah, it wasn't meant to be copied exactly, just enough to get the same idea going through.

I felt it would be better to just jump in rather than do a gradual transition.

But this is a collab, so, of course all ideas are welcome.

tiammetadeth, I really like that. I'm gonna add bass iunderneath it though. Although it's a nice change in texture i think the little bit extra depth in the bass will make it better. EDIT: If you specifically didn't want bass through there though, just mention it and i'm sure someone will take it out (or you can)

I'll wait for another turn since there's so many people wanting a go. I'll jump in after whoever's last in line.

EDITAGAIN: It's just the Harmonic minor, rather than the Aeolian mode (Natural Minor), isn't it?
Attachments:
CollabBlue (2).zip
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jul 31, 2009,
I didn't know you were thanking me...

Never knew 10x = Thank you.... :p

You can thank me all you like.
Reserved. Prepare for random br00tz out of nowhere, and you can't do **** about it.

EDIT: Scratch that, epic-ness instead (no need for a breakdown yet). Feel free to change the last 4 bars.
Attachments:
CollabBlue.gp4
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Jul 31, 2009,
Eh, I suppose i'll just jump in here then.

Pretty awesome so far, guys

EDIT: I've got nothing, and i should be doing something else... someone else take it.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jul 31, 2009,
Okay, i've got something now. Not much though. Just a bit of a bridge.

BRB with it.
EDIT
Here it is:
Attachments:
CollabBlue[1].gp4
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Aug 1, 2009,
Reserved. I think I'll try something now in here, so expect a post soonish.

EDIT: Added a small transition for that part you wrote Rayge, I thought it could maybe go back to the part you wrote at the beginning? Just a suggestion.
Attachments:
CollabBlue.zip
Last edited by salamander121 at Aug 1, 2009,
You've just inspired me to write more, cheers.

Not going back to the start yet, though. I tried and it didn't feel right.

Here it is: (The ending is just a suggestion. I pretty much shoved the chord there because it would've too open if I left it out. Seemed like the section wasn't quite done, though I feel it should be by now.)

Also, if you guys want me to stop and let you have a go, just say something.
Attachments:
CollabBlue[1].gp4
I have a 100% finished version of the piece coming up, if you're interested. If you want to continue, just use the one in my previous post.

EDIT:
Here's the final product. Unless, as I said, you want to continue on from my last post.

EDIT2: I accidentally left the volume down after meas. 152. It should be back up to 13.
Attachments:
CollabBlue[2].zip
I'd quite like to do another one of these in the future. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of free time at the moment.
Not enough for writing anyway, it consumes me.
Well, don't wait up for me.

You may aswell start a new one. If i get the chance, i'll contribute, but i'd rather get some school work done tonight (not something I do often)