Hello all!

Many moons ago I played piano, stopped, but can read piano sheet music.

Now I play guitar, yet only play through tabs.

Tabs are everywhere for EVERY SONG. GREAT!

Piano sheet music is an absolute chore to find for free.

QUESTION: Anyone got any good songs to transfer from guitar to piano?

I find songs like Little Bear by Guillemots to be quite good, but its so hard to make songs sound half as good as guitar

SUGGESTIONS?
There's guitar like tab in piano form in guitarpro, called the piano roll.

You could also develop ur ear, and you can play things on every instrument, given you are technically proficient to produce the notes on said instruments.

EDIT:

What was I thinking, Guitarpro automatically gives both tab and sheet.

You can shut off the tab in the options, and you will left with only the sheet music.

This should help you, not?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jul 29, 2009,
Having experienced the utter lack of good piano music, either tab or sheet, online, I would recommend working on developing your ear for it. I think, in the long run, that it is your best bet.

Aside from that, there are book stores like Half-Priced Books (discount book stores) that carry TONS and tons of sheet music for prices like 25 cents to a couple of bucks. That is always worth looking into.

However, xxdarrenxx's idea is also pretty excellent and definitely worth looking into.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Here's what I do... get yourself a midi sequencing program. I use Cubase, but it is quite expensive if this is all you'll be using it for. Maybe one of the Cubase Lite versions would be a good option, or I don't know what the midi features are in Reaper, but the price point sure is right.

Anways....

Search the net for midi files of the songs you want to play. Import those midi files into your midi sequencing software and view it in something called "score view" or "notation view" or whatever. You can probably even print it off at that point. I can usually get stuff pretty successfully.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Hello all!

Piano sheet music is an absolute chore to find for free.

QUOTE] Really? I have never had a bard time finding free piano sheet music. Maybe I've just been lucky with wanting to learn songs that are really popular. Either way I haven't had a hard time finding sheet music.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
lol this thread sounds like a movie title
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by axemanchris
Here's what I do... get yourself a midi sequencing program. I use Cubase, but it is quite expensive if this is all you'll be using it for. Maybe one of the Cubase Lite versions would be a good option, or I don't know what the midi features are in Reaper, but the price point sure is right.

Anways....

Search the net for midi files of the songs you want to play. Import those midi files into your midi sequencing software and view it in something called "score view" or "notation view" or whatever. You can probably even print it off at that point. I can usually get stuff pretty successfully.

CT

I believe Notation Composer is freeware. It actually shows Sheet Music as piano roll.
But indeed Chris, MIDI files are the way to go to get a really good basic idea of a song. And then ofcourse, you can check it by eaqr and make little adjustments so it's even better.