Hey guys - I'm looking into getting this bass, I'm attaching a pic to the thread. It's a Samick - but I have no clue which model. So does anyone a) know what model it is? or b) have any experience with Samicks? I'm kinda curious to know what they're like, they're not exactly a common brand.

Thanks
My Gear:
Fender Squier VM Jazz Bass
ESP LTD B-5E
ESP LTD EC-330FM
Ibanez RGD7421
Jackson DXMG
Line 6 Pod X3
how much is it? Samick isn't bad, but it certainly isn't great. You'd be better off with an Ibanez or squier for the same price.

As for the model, I can't find it right now
Heh =P Yeah - this is supposed to be my grad present, I already have 2 basses. I'm thinking about just getting an electric guitar instead, I can get a 7 string with a buncha other stuff for 50$ MORE than the bass =P
My Gear:
Fender Squier VM Jazz Bass
ESP LTD B-5E
ESP LTD EC-330FM
Ibanez RGD7421
Jackson DXMG
Line 6 Pod X3
Last edited by CommaBass at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by CommaBass
I'm thinking about just getting an electric guitar instead, I can get a 7 string with a buncha other stuff for 50$ than the bass =P

A better idea than the Samick, in all probability
I own a samick fairlane 6 string. it has this odd problem with having a natural chorus effect on the upper frets. especially on the low strings. The local luthier said to try attaching a metal clamp to the top and see if the extra mass there helps...haven't tried it because i have 5 other basses. Other than that the tone is quite nice on the lower frets. Mine has active pups btw. The neck isn't too bad but i don't like the string spacing.too close for me really. With a proper setup it plays pretty well really. I'd only buy one if you can play it first.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu