Some of you might remember me posting stuff like this before but well i decided to get all into one thread so if your having a go for that im just saying i know

I currently play an Ashton the rocker guitar through a peavey audition amp and its time i got some new gear, im left handed and play mostly rock-metal lead guitar (guns n roses metallica and ACDC are my main influences)

things im looking for in a guitar:
rosewood fingerboard
stays in tune well
lasts a long time
floyd rose tunning with whammy (optional)
looks good (optional)
i also need to know wether to get new pickups and stuff

i dont know much more about guitars so if its not too much trouble could u explain all technical stuff

i know nothing about amps
What's your budget?

Also, it may be worth investing in a better amp first. Although a good guitar will play like butter an amp will make it sound awesome.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Hey man...what's your budget?... lol
- 1997 PRS CE24 - Raspberry -
- Peavey 6505+ 1x12 Combo -
- Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal -
- Digitech Digital Delay -
- Digitech Multi Chorus -
ah crap i knew i forgot to put somthing in that thing

budget is aroung £500 for guitar and £200 for amp

as far as ive been told amps go cheap so i can get a decent one that so i can also get a decent guitar however if you think i should swap that around a bit do say
I'd go £400 for guitar, £300 for amp. That way you can pick up a low wattage tube amp + a good guitar.
There are many to choose from. The only guitars/amps I can speak of are ones I've owned.

HT-5 is a good low-watt tube amp. £300 for the combo, or £250 for head + £50 for cab, which down the road is more versatile.

A mid-ranged Ibanez might be up your road, I don't know many of them, though.
for a guitar i have found jacksons to be the best with floyds

an ibanez is good but the tuning stability is not to good on the mid level guitars
Agile 725 7 string w/Blackouts (new paint too)
Jackson Soloist Professional Standard
Jackson SLSMG With Livewire Metals
Fernandes Tremor 4 string
Peavey 5150 2x12 (new tolex and re-biased)
Peavey TNT 100 1x15
Line 6 Pod XT w/FBV
Misc Junk
Last edited by Rossapottamus at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Ghold125

im certainly thinking this amp isnt so good for metal and rock but more for like everything so its not good at certain stuff. And i dont like the guitar (reasons above)

its a good suggestion and i dont wanna sound too picky but im not very rich its taken me ages to save up and i want somthing i can be really happy with
Save up a bit more and get something you'll be ecstatic with!
it might be better if u say guitar 1st cos i can always try out amps at a shop so u know amps you could give me a few
could've mentioned that before XD
I currently play an Ashton the rocker guitar through a peavey audition amp and its time i got some new gear, im left handed and play mostly rock-metal lead guitar (guns n roses metallica and ACDC are my main influences)

its in my 1st post