Page 1 of 2
Discuss.

Cedar Point FTW.

EDIT: Sorry if this has been done before, couldn't find a thread like it.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
It's pretty much like bipolar disorder.

DirtyEdit: Bad rollercoasters are like PMS though.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 29, 2009,
recently started to love rollercoasters due to lack of fear, and the adrenaline rush. I haven't been on a decent one in a while though.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I really like the space needle things. There's one at Six Flags, I think. It raises you like 10 stories with your legs dangling down, then it drops straight down and stops at the botttom with hydraulics.

All extreme rollercoasters are amazing.
Love Raging Bull @ sixflags chicago. Also Millennium Force at Cedar Point was just awesome.
Quote by 1201ZJ
FoolishFool, you sir, are a genius. A ****ing genius, I tell you.
Cedar Point is da shizzzzzzzzzzz
done every coaster ('cept the kid ones) there
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I'm not a fan of roller coasters. I used to ride them all the time, but it got old. All amusement park rides have become monotonous to me with the exception of the one where you ride up and down on the shaft and at the end you can't feel your legs. :P
Quote by Zombee

Where is that?

Quote by guitarsftw
Cedar Point is da shizzzzzzzzzzz
done every coaster ('cept the kid ones) there

No blue streak?
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

Last edited by The Philosopher at Jul 29, 2009,
Six Flags Over Texas FTW

The Titan

edit: You mean like this?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Jul 29, 2009,
Who else has been on the new "Bizarro" at Six Flags New England? It's basically a reskinned superman with a new corkscrew, a few extra tunnels with mist, and a giant pillar of fire.

When you get off that thing, you feel like you just watched Die Hard.

Six Flags >>>> DisneyLand/World.
Last edited by bendystraw at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by The Philosopher
No blue streak?

i don't count that as a kid one. i mean, like, gemini jr. and stuff for 5 year olds
Quote by AA00P
Quote by FoolishFool
Love Raging Bull @ sixflags chicago. Also Millennium Force at Cedar Point was just awesome.

theyre shutting it down!

I bet the rides there are pretty thrilling.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Last edited by Led Pepplin at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by The Philosopher

No blue streak?

I heard rumors that they tore that down, is that right?
Quote by guitarsftw
i don't count that as a kid one. i mean, like, gemini jr. and stuff for 5 year olds

Haha I was just kidding. Anything I can't fit into anymore I consider kids stuff. But I'm kinda big, so I guess there's alot of rides I consider "kid rides".

Millenium Force+Dragster+Maverick+Raptor=

Quote by darb0114

The last time I was there it was still up which was last summer, but I'm going there again next month so I'll give an update. It wouldn't surprise me too much if they did though, it was the first ride built in that park, and Cedar Point is over 100 years old I believe... don't quote me on that though.

EDIT: Yes, Cedar Point was official an amusement park in 1892, but the first coaster was the Switchback Railway. It stood a towering 25 feet tall and went a blur of 10 mph!
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki

Last edited by The Philosopher at Jul 29, 2009,
I freaking love roller coasters. Wild Thing at Valley fair is really fun. So is the Superman roller coaster at six flags, but the wait is awful.
Quote by darb0114

i saw it up and running 2-3 months ago
Quote by AA00P
The only real rollercoaster place I've been to is Valley Fair is Minnesota and it's AWESOME. The Wild Thing is immensely fun.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by Pencil Man
Six Flags Over Texas FTW

The Titan

I always used to black out on the helixes that go up Both the Gotham coasters are more fun though.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by nuttysmk54
theyre shutting it down!

That's what i heard! That's crazy they just opened the massive water park like two years ago too.
Quote by 1201ZJ
FoolishFool, you sir, are a genius. A ****ing genius, I tell you.

behemoth, at Canada's Wonderland. it's first drop is 230 feet high, and features a drop angle of 77 degrees. most of it takes place over water. it is indeed very scary.

this is what the seat looks like

those make it so much scarier since its basically just sitting in a lawn chair with a little triangle of plastic holding your legs down.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by FoolishFool
That's what i heard! That's crazy they just opened the massive water park like two years ago too.

yeah i know its complete garbage... cuz im like a one hour drive away from there so lame!
Quote by The Philosopher
Where is that?

that specific one is at kings dominion in virginia
Quote by CTFOD
Ledger as the Joker had oceans of charisma, like Jesus or Hitler.
Quote by 20cdndollars
It looks like Canada's Wonderland in Toronto.

no that's not wonderland. i live 15 minutes from wonderland.

EDIT: ^ yeah, he's got it.
Quote by SteveHouse

I always used to black out on the helixes that go up Both the Gotham coasters are more fun though.

Yeah, I jsut now (a month or so ago) rode both of those. Mr. Freeze is the da shiz
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
and then there is this...

Drop Zone at Wonderland... 230 feet high of pure mind numbing horror. i don't know what kind of sick **** designed a ride that takes you up 230 feet and then drop you into freefall, and then suddenly stops you about 15 feet away from the ground with brakes no bigger than the palm of my hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV7bzQxHMDM

that countdown is always the worst part...

notice how those brakes don't slam on until you're almost at the ground
Quote by TheBigProjekt
Kingda Ka.

I lost my glasses ):

That ride seems like a rip off of the Dragster
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki

Coaster enthusiast here. My favourite coaster i've been on has to be either Kraken or Maverick.
Quote by andyscoot
Coaster enthusiast here. My favourite coaster i've been on has to be either Kraken or Maverick.

I enjoyed Kraken but thought it would be more intense to be honest.

I've just been to Florida. I really enjoyed Hulk, Manta, Montu and Sheikra.
signature
i'll be the first one to bring water slides into this thread.

this ride is called La Tornade. it is at a waterpark in Montreal, Quebec called Super Aqua Club.

it is 7 stories high, and is probably the scariest water slide ever. it's intimidating as hell standing in line for it.

I just came back from montreal on monday and had the opportunity to go to this park, it is for sure the most intense water slide i've ever been on
Quote by Bullet-Rule
I enjoyed Kraken but thought it would be more intense to be honest.

I've just been to Florida. I really enjoyed Hulk, Manta, Montu and Sheikra.

For me, its the smoothness. After the MCBR it still keeps a pretty consistent pace up, which i felt wasn't on The Hulk/Montu (Haven't ridden Manta yet, though im going to Florida in October). And for dive coasters i much prefer Griffon to Sheikra.
went to busch garden in tampa a week ago, that was pretty sweet, i liked the kumba and shierka best

but my home base is six flags over georgia
-batman ( my favorite)
-superman (awesome)
-goliath (newest & highest)
-georgia scorcher (pretty fun)
-mindbender (old and slightly boring)
-deja vu (always broken)
-ninja (someone died on it)
scream machine (wooden)
-cyclone (wooden)
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by Clutch32192

-ninja (someone died on it)

Tell the cool story, bro!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

255 feet drop, pretty intense.

ye that's the same ride as Behemoth, just a different color. the parks must be owned by the same corporation. its a ****ing awesome ride.
Alton Towers in England is the best. Air FTW!! Also, Oblivion and Nemesis are amazing too.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Page 1 of 2