my acoustic fretboads looking a little dry and the only oil i can find is canola oil lol.... any suggestions, its a Yamaha F-330
Lemon oil is the way to go. Any hardware store will have it. It's inexpensive.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
any guitar shop worth it's salt should stock some fretboard cleaner.

If not, lemon oil works a treat.

EDIT - beaten to the lemon oil recommendation
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Lemon oil is household stuff, lol. I really wouldn't use anything else.

Gear:
So wait. It's like 4 bucks at hardware store. Probably any hardware store.

Gear:
Not supposed to what?

Be careful about lemon oils that aren't made specifically for guitars; some have petroleum based additives and whatnot for wood furniture that clogs the wood's pores and can impact tone.

I'd recommend Dunlop Formula 65. I'm holding a bottle now and the pricetag is only $5.91.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
yeah i'll get my parents to go to the guitar store sometime this week, and i heard that guitars your not supposed to put oil on like maple because its varnished
so long as you buy a lemon oil fretboard cleaner made for guitars it really doesn't matter whether you have a rosewood, maple or mudkip neck.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Do be sure not to use the lemon oil on your fretboard too often. A good rule of thumb is no more than twice a year.

And I wouldn't think using lemon oil on a maple fretboard would do anything. Maple boards are usually lacquered. The reason you put lemon oil on a rosewood or ebony fretboard is because it is raw and unfinished. Granted, I have never tried putting lemon oil on anything other than rosewood and ebony.