Poll: Do cops have prey drives?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do cops have prey drives?
Yes
46 75%
No
15 25%
Voters: 61.
Page 1 of 2
Me and some people were discussing mountain lions and bears and how they'll chase you if you run because it's instinct. It's their prey drive.

Then some one said we should walk past a cop on the street and as soon as we're past it, take off running.

The million dollar question is, would it chase you?
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
Nope. Respect cops.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
They will chase you, it's their job.

It's not a cop's job to chase somebody who starts running, or deal with little dipshits pranking on them.
Last edited by bendystraw at Jul 29, 2009,
Try it, and post a video.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
that is actually an interesting question.. you should try and provide footage.. I need a good laugh!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

You must now answer this question for the benefit of the greater scientific community
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Um I know a cop and they have to chase anyone in that situation.

Like, if you turned a corner and saw the cop and then turned and ran they have to chase you and then question you.

It's their job.

I heard you can get some fine for wasting their time too.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Yes he would. This is because a cop is hired to spot out any suspicious individuals and talk to them, or stop them, or w/e. This is not really instinct, cops don't naturally go after everyone that runs. However, if a cop thinks you are suspicious, he will come after you, because that's he makes his money.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by Kylianvb
Yes he would. This is because a cop is hired to spot out any suspicious individuals and talk to them, or stop them, or w/e. This is not really instinct, cops don't naturally go after everyone that runs. However, if a cop thinks you are suspicious, he will come after you, because that's he makes his money.

Pretty much this. + The cops aren't in a position to gamble on whether or not you're a threat or just pranking.
Quote by sneyob
Um I know a cop and they have to chase anyone in that situation.

Like, if you turned a corner and saw the cop and then turned and ran they have to chase you and then question you.

It's their job.

I heard you can get some fine for wasting their time too.

thats a bullshit rule.
if someone runs for a reason completely unrelated to the cop being there, then the cop should be fined for wasting the citizens time.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I know all the cops in town, so I don't think it would work with me. Some one else needs to do this.
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
its suck if someone went to try it thinking they were clean and didnt have **** on them but once the cop catches up to him you had a roach in your pocket you forgot about or some ****..

that would be my luck
trying to piece his 2 and 2 together
Quote by Dirge Humani
If you're black he would.

this.
even if you were walking.
or just hanging out in your house.
Done.

I go running regularly, and one day I was running down the block and there were a few police officers. By then I decided to take a break, so I walked for a bit. I turned the corner, but they could still see me, and I took off running.

And no, they didn't follow me. Why? Because cops aren't assholes like you think.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
haha, try it.

If he catches you give him the old

"WHAT?! IS IT A CRIME TO GO JOGGING NOW?!"
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
They'd probably taze you and beat you with their batons.

Quote by Kevy Absolution
Why? Because cops aren't assholes like you think.

A lot of them are. You should think before you generalize an entire group of people just from your experience with a few of them.
Last edited by Zombee at Jul 29, 2009,
I think I can answer this one:

Cops are trained to stop trouble. If you're acting calm one moment and then freak out for no reason, they're going to think something's up. They may chase you for a bit telling you to slow down, if you don't slow down or stop, he's gonna get ya. If you stop, he'll ask what's wrong and try to get info.
Quote by Darksucker
I'm wondering why you refer to cops as "it."

not people
Quote by Zombee
A lot of them are. You should think before you generalize an entire group of people just from your experience with a few of them.

Just like a lot of people who aren't cops are assholes, but not most of them. And most cops are no different than you and I, except they have greater social responsibility.

Sorry, but I can't bring myself to say that most of the people who allow me to sleep soundly at night knowing that my house isn't going to get ransacked and my car stolen are assholes, especially when they are willing to die for me.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
My friend got stopped and questioned by the police when we were running along, but it was 5 am.

It would really depend on how innocent your running looked... But then again, I've been tailed by the police when I was just walking along because it was late at night and I hadn't done anything, it was pretty unnerving. Cops have the ability to make you feel guilty when you havn't done anything wrong.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Just like a lot of people who aren't cops are assholes, but not most of them. And most cops are no different than you and I, except they have greater social responsibility.

Sorry, but I can't bring myself to say that most of the people who allow me to sleep soundly at night knowing that my house isn't going to get ransacked and my car stolen are assholes, especially when they are willing to die for me.

I'm an asshole. Most of my friends are too.
yeam man. My friend was really baked and a cop drove by like a hundred feet away and he started running and the cop saw him and started chasing him. I wasnt their just heard the story, but he didnt get caught
i need a famous quote
i'm not sure that running when you see a cop is activating their "prey drive" per se. i think it's activating their "why the **** did that guy take off running when he saw me? he must be doing something wrong" drive...

Quote by hippy12
My friend got stopped and questioned by the police when we were running along, but it was 5 am.

It would really depend on how innocent your running looked... But then again, I've been tailed by the police when I was just walking along because it was late at night and I hadn't done anything, it was pretty unnerving. Cops have the ability to make you feel guilty when you havn't done anything wrong.

yes... they certainly do have the power to make you feel like you're doing something wrong even when you aren't. and judging solely by your screen name i'd imagine the police you were talking about were probably profiling you as well.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 29, 2009,
I mean, like walking past a cop on the side of the street and then just hauling ass as you're right past it.
Quote by Darksucker
I'm wondering why you refer to cops as "it."

They're animals!
ive wanted to try that for a long time. and then tell them after that i just wanted to see if i could outrun a cop... but once they start chasing you and you are aware but keep running thats an evading arrest i would assume.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by Kevy Absolution

And no, they didn't follow me. Why? Because I was in running gear, and probably jogging as opposed to sprinting.

fixed

EDIT: re-fixed.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Jul 29, 2009,
try it, NOT at the end of the month though, thats when cops get even mmore assholic because they need to "fill their quotas" like no matter what there has to be a certain amount of crimes in a month.

There was a cop back in the end of february who sat outside my school and gave 8 highschool kids 200-some dollar tickets for doind 45 in a 25 even though that how fast every single person that ever goes through that street goes
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by imthehitcher
this.
even if you were walking.
or just hanging out in your house.

as sad as it sounds this CAN be true some of the time and it doesn't necessarily have to be the cop that's the douche. i have been sitting outside in my own neighborhood before after dark and apparently one of the neighbors called the cops. he rolled by and told me "find somewhere else to hang out!" like where...? i have had the cops called on me several times for being outside after dark in my own neighborhood.

another time i was walking to a friend's house (this is after dark again) in my neighborhood. a lady comes outside and asks me repeatedly: "can i help you?". i told her "i'm just going to a friend's house... i live here." a few minutes later the cops were rolling through the neighborhood again.

Quote by AthenasGhost
ive wanted to try that for a long time. and then tell them after that i just wanted to see if i could outrun a cop... but once they start chasing you and you are aware but keep running thats an evading arrest i would assume.

not if they can't give a reason to arrest you. at least i don't think so. how weird would that sound...

"so why were you chasing him, Officer Cox?"
"he was running..."
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 29, 2009,
It depends. What colour are you?

Quote by konfyouzd
as sad as it sounds this CAN be true some of the time and it doesn't necessarily have to be the cop that's the douche. i have been sitting outside in my own neighborhood before after dark and apparently one of the neighbors called the cops. he rolled by and told me "find somewhere else to hang out!" like where...? i have had the cops called on me several times for being outside after dark in my own neighborhood.

another time i was walking to a friend's house (this is after dark again) in my neighborhood. a lady comes outside and asks me repeatedly: "can i help you?". i told her "i'm just going to a friend's house... i live here." a few minutes later the cops were rolling through the neighborhood again.

Is this you?
(Invalid img)
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Jul 29, 2009,
Page 1 of 2