So i JUST got my Bugera 6260 head a couple weeks ago and so far everything was perfect. Then, right before band practice, I powered the amp on and about 10 seconds later I see a LIGHTING STORM inside of my amp..
Like it was intense there was lighting inside and now it wont power on or anything.
The tubes look fine, they look brand new.
So im thinking it might be a fuse?
anyoneee have any thoughts.. we're leaving for a 2 week tour next week and I have no amp.
The Rig:
Bugera 6260
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

The Pedalboard:
ISP Decimator
Korg Pitchback Tuner
MXR 10-Band EQ
Maxon OD808
Take it to a tech
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Why would you get a Bugera and you knew you where going on tour in two weeks?

And why not use the gear in your sig?

Either way, take it back and have them exchange it but dont expect much
I dont have my 5150/marshall rig anymore.
is it even a possibility that its just the fuse?
The Rig:
Bugera 6260
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

The Pedalboard:
ISP Decimator
Korg Pitchback Tuner
MXR 10-Band EQ
Maxon OD808
Quote by Th3_Failsafe
I dont have my 5150/marshall rig anymore.
is it even a possibility that its just the fuse?

Possible, but if you saw arcing (lightning) inside of the amp, then its unlikely. Take it to a tech.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
... No. Go to a tech
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by tubetime86
Possible, but if you saw arcing (lightning) inside of the amp, then its unlikely. Take it to a tech.

+1

If you smell burning and see lightning even if it was a fuse I sure as hell wouldnt trust it. A simple pop and dead sure that might be nothing, but what you described is possible catch yo house on fire bad..You need to take it in....

And that sucks about your previous gear...

Also if it looked something like this.. I would say it did as advertised..

Sorry I couldnt help myself

Anyway check with the Bugera militia thread. Its probably due to the normal issues with Bugera and they may know a fix..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by Th3_Failsafe
So i JUST got my Bugera 6260 head a couple weeks ago and so far everything was perfect. Then, right before band practice, I powered the amp on and about 10 seconds later I see a LIGHTING STORM inside of my amp..
Like it was intense there was lighting inside and now it wont power on or anything.
The tubes look fine, they look brand new.
So im thinking it might be a fuse?
anyoneee have any thoughts.. we're leaving for a 2 week tour next week and I have no amp.

you prob have the ones that have the plastic clip connecter that connects the lead wire from the output transformer to the PCB board. sounds like it arced( making the lighting you saw in the amp). the clip is prob fried. if you have a Bugera/Behringer service center take it there if its under waranty, if not have a tech or electrican look at it. have him cut the clip off and have it soldered directly to the board like its suppose to be. easy fix. if you are good with a soldering iron you can do it yourself.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BeerChurch/blog/58789/
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
you could also solder it yourself but if you dont know anything about which im speaking of then you must take it to a tech.
its probably the plastic clip. removing that and directly soldering the wires to the stems would probably fix it if thats what is wrong with it.
but you can really hurt yourself if you dont fix it correctly, or burn down your house.
Oh...You got one of those new Bugera Tesla Coil Amplifiers. I heard you can power an entire city block with one of those...or maybe...a SERIOUS ground/connection issue and you've got high voltage flying all over the freakin' place...I bet it looked pretty cool?!?!

Last edited by BeerChurch at Aug 6, 2009,
I took a bugera on tour and it went great

Talk to the company and ask them to replace it or ask for a refund.
I'm getting a refund myself for my 333XL.
Tone of the gods but This is the 2nd time it **** out on me
Where did you get it from? Places like GC should replace it for you. If you don't want another Bugera they should also let you exchange it for another amp. If they try to say they can't they're lying (as long as it isn't past their warranty period).
I have a huge fear if rays.