I intend to get some new pedals next month. Should I buy an MFX like the Boss ME 70, or buy 3 or 4 compacts? My bydget is ~USD 300, cant pay more than USD400. If I go for compact, how about suggestions on which ones aremost commonly used? I play mostly metal. Dont suggest a wah, they are reaaaally pricey in my area.
new amp. You can get a decent amp used for 400 bucks.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
if you dont use a lot of different effects i would recommend individual boxes. if you use a lot of effects or you dont know what sound you want get a multifx pedal.
i didnt see what amp you had. get a decent amp.
Last edited by sbinlb at Jul 29, 2009,
Dont waste your money on pedals that you don't know you will use. You shouldn't buy pedals just cause you have money in your pocket, but buy them for the sake of adding to your tone.

Also what ^ said. Use that money for an amp.
Quote by sg622
new amp. You can get a decent amp used for 400 bucks.

a) Used amps here are usually too beat up
b) for USD 400, you'll probably get an MG30
c) High end tube amps probably cost more than what I eanr in a decade, thanks to ginormous import tax
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Amps are **** pricey here. Which is why I'm not even considering it.

Then perhaps you should save.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
In India at that budget you're better off with a decent MFX, unless you just want a few FX, like an OD/DS, delay, chorus and a reverb perhaps. Check out the Vox Tonelabs, perhaps, depending on your style of music.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Crap amp+Crap multifx= Bleeding ears. Get a job, save up little by little for an amp. It took me 2 years to get my first really nice amp.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp