Im fitting two EMG 81's in a LTD KH 202, what I wanted to know what is, I've only got one pick up at the moment I'm still waiting for the other one to arrive, I started wiring the guitar today, with the diagram for my guitar off EMG website, but I cannot get no sound from the single pickup I have fitted, is that because the other one isn't fitted to complete a circuit? Or should the one pick up a work?
The EMGs are active, right? Do you have the battery in and everything? I don't remember what pickups the KH 202 came with, but they might have been passive, so there wouldn't be a slot for the battery.
Yes I have a battery installed, it is producing 9 V when the jack cable is plugged into the guitar, but when I tap the pickup nothing happens, he is it because I don't have the two EMG 81's installed ? The two passive pickups have been taken out of the guitar, at the moment only one EMG 81 is in the guitar.
Wait until the other one arrives, install it and if you still have problems ask again.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
having one pickup in wont change a thing

are you using the right value pots? they should be 25 or 50k
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
im just wondering why you got two 81s
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
it s his guitar he can get what pickups he wants plus there the ones that kirk has in his proper guitars
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
having one pickup in wont change a thing

are you using the right value pots? they should be 25 or 50k

Yes I'm using the ones that came with the kit, but like I said only EMG 81 I've got at the moment I'm still waiting for the other one to arrive. I have wired it up correctly according to the instructions, but get no sound when you tap the pick up.
have you played with strings?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
have you played with strings?

To be honest no, because I thought if you tap it when it's plugged into the amp, and you get noise, it working, I don't want to put a new set of strings on only to take them back off.
Do you have it wired like this?
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/zakkwyldefan79/1EMG1Vol1Tone.jpg
If not re-do it like this and see if it works. If it doesn't then you might have a defective pickup. Let us know if you get it working.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
If not re-do it like this and see if it works. If it doesn't then you might have a defective pickup. Let us know if you get it working.

No mate it is not set up like that as I have two volume and a tone with a three-way switch, I will try it like that now.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79

I have just wired it up following the simple diagram and it is working, looks like I'll wait until I get the other pickup then trying again, I'll keep you posted.