I ordered my noob model guitar (PAC012) from GC yesterday and it allready shipped

and today I find this one (PAC 012DLX) for the same price. are they the same exact guitars but just a different color? of course i like the sunburst better than the plain black thanks
Last edited by SKOOBEY at Jul 29, 2009,
Just return it within two weeks.

EDIT: this thread is pretty dumb, not gonna lie.
Last edited by Travesty_Prone at Jul 29, 2009,
I wouldn't worry too much about it...

Personally, if the guitar has a pickgaurd, I prefer plain solid color paint jobs.

If you're going to get a nice burst finish, get it on a guitar without a pickguard. Looks so much more smashing...

Putting a pickguard over the top of a nice finish like that should be a crime...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Yes, the are the exact same, and it's not that bad of a starter.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I like the sunburst better as well. But i would just keep the black one if i was in your shoes. But, i would never buy a guitar without playing it and checking it all out. Therefore i never buy on line unless its a local private sale.
Just return it when you get it
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
if thier identical Im going to just stick wth the basic boring black. its too much trouble just to swap em out for a color. your right, I can always go for looks when I want to upgrade anyway. thanks
I didn't impulse pushase at all. I just didn't know yamaha offered that color. I looked at all the entry level options and found that the yamaha had the most favorable opinions
^ don't worry, i know, i remember your thread. a lot of people on UG post once in 6 months, and when they do feel the need to police the place and generally be a dick. I don't know how we survive the rest of the time without them.

Quote by SKOOBEY
if thier identical Im going to just stick wth the basic boring black. its too much trouble just to swap em out for a color. your right, I can always go for looks when I want to upgrade anyway. thanks

yeah, that's sensible. returning stuff can be a bother, especially when it's breakable like a guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SKOOBEY

If its too boring, do like Satch, paint on it!

if the 012 is worth upgrading parts on and keeping for a good while? I might paint it camo or an EVH scheme or something like that
Quote by SKOOBEY
if the 012 is worth upgrading parts on and keeping for a good while? I might paint it camo or an EVH scheme or something like that

Check out

http://www.axewraps.com

Kinda cool, would be good for a project guitar maybe....

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
looks kool but seems they don't have any for yammi's. I could go for the EVH red, white, black scheme for shure
They have one for No Guitar. Basically give you a big sheet and you cut it yourself..

or You could just use the Fender Stratocaster (that's what your guitar is a copy of).

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
I saw the EVH for no model. thanks for the kink. something I might do in the future but first i better focus on learning to play the thing well
Yeah man, don't worry about the looks, it's a starter guitar. On your next step up I'm sure you won't make that mistake.

But Happy New Guitar Day

Have fun and enjoy your new axe
AtaBorMan:-nice black dog

SKOOBEY:-didn`t mean to sound so offensive, but i still reckon that you should`ve checked the yamaha website to have a look at options, and they are a good guitar alot of my students have them.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 29, 2009,
thanks man. the 012 has an agathis body. is it worth upgrading to better pick-ups and such down the road Its gonna be playing through a Roland microcube amp. the 130 dollar one. thanks
hard to say. wait until you have it for a while, kind of thing. if you still like how it plays down the road, you could upgrade the pickups, and if they don't sound good you can either sell them on or use them in your next guitar (assuming it has the same pickup layout).

By a similar token, if you ever do upgrade the pickups, keep the old ones. That way if you ever sell the yamaha on you can put the old ones back in and hang on to the upgraded (and better) pickups. or even sell them separately (which'd most likely net you more cash).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Who gives a turkey? It's only a color. You can paint it.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
I called GC.com this morning and they said they would pull the order back and swap the black for the sunburst for free
Quote by SKOOBEY
I didn't impulse pushase at all. I just didn't know yamaha offered that color. I looked at all the entry level options and found that the yamaha had the most favorable opinions

Those are solid little guitars. I think they are the very best entry level guitar out there.
Quote by SKOOBEY
I called GC.com this morning and they said they would pull the order back and swap the black for the sunburst for free

hehe, sweet. if they'll do that and you know you want the other colour, by all means do that.

Just hope that you don't get 5 guitars delivered to you now, it doesn't always take too much to mix these big companies up...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the monkey on the other end of the phone at GC.com seemed to understand the switch and it is free
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?