of recommending me a decent microphone that doesn't use XLR? I was looking at the Shure SM57 but because I'll be using my Toneport to record, this wont work because the toneport doesn't have the female (correct term?) slot. Any suggestions? I'm completely new to microphones etc so any help would be appreciated.

If you can help out in any way, that would be great. And THEN I can link you to the awesome recordings I'll be doing with the new microphone

Thanks in advance
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
buy the sm57, then buy the correct cable to go from the mic to your toneport.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
lol that easy huh? brilliant thanks!
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
Get an XLR to Jack lead, simples

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Condenser or dynamic mic? If you're mic'ing up a guitar, get a Blue Snowball or else buy a preamp for your SM57.

For vocals, guitar, and everything else, try the Samson C01U or G-track:

Don't buy a 57.

Sure(pardon the pun), everyone uses them, but if you can afford an Audio Technica AT2020, it'll last longer and you'll be much happier in the long run. It's about 150$, or it comes with another mic for 200.