Page 1 of 2
No, there isn't one coming out...

But me and mah girl are talking about the movie. I'm watching (Typing, so now listening) to the movie... and I thought about how it's a great movie. One of the few us Hollywood-burdened Americans haven't thought of remaking productively.
But it's bound to happen if you think about it.

So, she's a huge Tim Burton fan.. one of the first actors she mentioned was Johnny Depp.
Not that he'd be great in the role, but that the casting would just look for him because he makes any movie pure money.

But can you really imagine that pretty boy sticking his face through shards of wood saying, 'Here's JOHNNY!'?

I know it doesn't work for me.

Now, I thought of Heath Ledger. But that wouldn't work for obvious reasons. I think Heath can be a very charmin' looking dude without trying too hard, but wicked sick when he needs to be.

Thennnn, she mentioned Gerard Way. And I thought... add a couple years, proper grooming and some acting lessons and sure

So Pit, what's your casting for the lead role, Jack(Not Johnny, thanks Victor Escobarrrr)?

And before I get any more posts saying it's a bad idea...

I know, dude. Read this post carefully. And stop making yourself look stupid, man.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Last edited by headbangerbuggy at Jul 29, 2009,
All I can say for sure is Jared Leto is a definite bad choice

EDIT: Proof
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Last edited by Perfection 101 at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by wizards?
You don't even consider making a remake of the shining...

/thread

I didn't say it would be a good idea. As a matter of fact, it's why I made the hyphenate: "Hollywood-burdened".
Because often enough, remakes suck.

But seeing as mah girl is also an experienced drama student, studying only to teach it, she also says that remakes are productive and are often enough a great way to see the script or concept from a different perspective. So stop stalking my threads and trying to end them with your silly tag.

The point is, it will happen, whether you believe in it or not. Welcome to America. Stop spamming and post ideas.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Quote by wizards?
You don't even consider making a remake of the shining...

/thread

exactly, it cant be improved upon in a remake, the simpsons version proved that
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
I'm not sure if that was what you were implying, but you do realise Heath Ledger is dead ~*yes dumb but I have to ask*

and I wouldn't want a remake.. it was only made in the 80's and it's the sex as it is!

RED RUM!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Well, it's mediocre movie made out of a bad novel, with only highlight being Jack Nicholson.
There has already been another adaptation of the book made.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Thats a hard one,but what dumbass would think of remaking The Shining. Personally I liked the movie better than the book (maybe becausse my friend overhyped the book). Maybe Christian Bale but other than that I cant think of anyone.

BYW Its Jack Torrance not Johnny
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by will123456789
I'm not sure if that was what you were implying, but you do realise Heath Ledger is dead ~*yes dumb but I have to ask*

:O He's DEAD!!?!?!

Naw, I knew. It's what I meant by 'Obvious reasons.'

Though I stand by it, it would be great.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Quote by King Krapp

Quote by headbangerbuggy
But seeing as mah girl is also an experienced drama student

I'm an expirenced drama student, a re-make of The Shining doen't even need to considered or speculated about (IMHO).

Quote by headbangerbuggy
Welcome to America.

And just be annoying (not that I think my statement above isn't so), strictly speaking since we are on the internet it wouldn't be welcome to america, as the web is sort of world wide, you know?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
there already is a shining remake (miniseries) anyway, not good
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Vendetta16

And just be annoying (not that I think my statement above isn't so), strictly speaking since we are on the internet it wouldn't be welcome to america, as the web is sort of world wide, you know?

Really? Does Bollywood remake movies, too?
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Quote by King Krapp

I have an idea.

Why wont we shoop into the "HERE'S JOHNNY" scene the face of the actor who we think is most fitting?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by headbangerbuggy
Really? Does Bollywood remake movies, too?

I really couldn't answer that as I don't watch Bollywood films, nor do I wish to.

Quote by Guitar0player
I have an idea.

Why wont we shoop into the "HERE'S JOHNNY" scene the face of the actor who we think is most fitting?

I think this would be a good idea
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I've yet to watch a remake of any horror movie that doesn't completely blow compared to the original.
I saw the title and immediately thought "this is going to have something to do with Johnny Depp and Tim Burton"

those two need to get a divorce, they were great the first 5 movies, but now it's getting really, really stale.
Quote by Guitar0player
I have an idea.

Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

reminded me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf7h6o3I8yw that would be a remake...
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I do know that if Burton did a remake Johnny Depp would be Jack,Helena Bonham Carter would be Wendy, and Danny Elfman would do the soundtrack.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
The movie doesn't really have any aspects of it that could be improved upon with modern movie technology, which is what people usually consider when thinking about remakes.
If Tim Burton did it it would fucking suck and be exactly the same as his other films.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
you and your girl have awful taste in lead actors

If Tim Burton did it it would ****ing suck and be exactly the same as his other films.

this +100000000000000000

im really starting to hate Tim Burton, he is a poor man's Terry Gilliam

EDIT:
also Guy Pearce could do it good.

Last edited by imthehitcher at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by headbangerbuggy

But can you really imagine that pretty boy sticking his face through shards of wood saying, 'Here's JOHNNY!'?

you know that part wasnt even in the book...
and his name is Jack in the book
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by imthehitcher
you and your girl have awful taste in lead actors

this +100000000000000000

im really starting to hate Tim Burton, he is a poor man's Terry Gilliam

wait... did you just diss Terry Gilliam?
A remake could be interesting. Maybe with Mads Mikkelsen in the lead role?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by CoreysMonster
wait... did you just diss Terry Gilliam?

no i love him!
i am sayin is that Tim Burton is like a very very bad rip off of the stylised fantasy film making that Gilliam is genius at, i honestly have not watched a Gilliam movie that i haven;t enjoyed
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Quote by King Krapp

Quote by B4Dkarma
you know that part wasnt even in the book...
and his name is Jack in the book

His name is Jack in the movie as well.
Kevin Spacey.

no massive actors could pull this off, except maybe Brad Pitt.

but the film will never be remade, and thank god.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
His name is Jack in the movie as well.

inb4 me, other guy is retarded
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Quote by imthehitcher
no i love him!
i am sayin is that Tim Burton is like a very very bad rip off of the stylised fantasy film making that Gilliam is genius at, i honestly have not watched a Gilliam movie that i haven;t enjoyed

good.

wait, Terry Gilliam was the guy that always played small roles, right? like the squire of King Arthur in Search for the holy grail?
Two words why a remake would never be as good as the original: Stanley Kubrick.
One of the best directors who ever lived. No other director could make it as good as his original.
Remakes of It and Pet Semetary are already in the works. "It" is apparently being re-made into a modern-day film, *scowl*, but Pet Sem. could be good.

The Shining, however, should probably be left alone.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Jaymz_515
Remakes of It and Pet Semetary are already in the works. "It" is apparently being re-made into a modern-day film, *scowl*, but Pet Sem. could be good.

The Shining, however, should probably be left alone.

I can't wait for the remake of It. The TV-movie was god-awful.

Hopefully the only bit this version will cut out is the child orgy. (which is a given, really.)
Quote by Oh Shize
I can't wait for the remake of It. The TV-movie was god-awful.

Hopefully the only bit this version will cut out is the child orgy. (which is a given, really.)

I always envision a 'proper' adaptation of these books. Imagine a ten/fifteen-hour It film that leaves nothing out, or a Pet Semetary with the Wendigo scene or the flashbacks. Problem is they'd be far, far too long, shame really. But yeah, It was pretty poor; the speed it went by was shameful.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Page 1 of 2