Hey guys, im thinking about buying a ESP LTD Alexi-200, but i have a question about it. Can anyone who has it give me some revieuws? and i also want to change the pickup, wich one should i take, the new Alexi signature EMG or an EMG 81? and if i want to get pinstripes on it, does anyone knows how to do this or a good shop in holland who does this?

I know its alot of questions but i hope someone can help
I had one of these, but I traded it for a 7-string and a cab.

It's not a bad guitar, the neck is thin and the body is very light weight, it stays in tune pretty well, I never really had a problem with it, and its pretty easy to set up.
Its bulky, so it won't fit into a regular gutiar case. I had to buy a Coffinc Bass case for it.

The only real problem I had with it were the fact that the stock pick-up sucked, but you said that you're going to change it out so that's good. I'd advise doing that the moment get the guitar. I also wasn't to crazy about the fact that it only had a bridge pick up, as I perfer to use the neck for leads and what not, but its what ever floats your boat.

Overall, since its relatively cheap, stays in tune pretty well, and has great playablity, I'd give it a 7/10
Yeah, i dont mind the fact it has only 1 pickup, i play on the bridge mostly anyway, what do you think i should get? an EMG-81, or an EMG Alexi signature set (anyone has revieuws bout the alexi set?)
If I remember correctly, that guitar only has one pickup. Take that into consideration.
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Quote by Ravnica01
Yeah, i dont mind the fact it has only 1 pickup, i play on the bridge mostly anyway, what do you think i should get? an EMG-81, or an EMG Alexi signature set (anyone has revieuws bout the alexi set?)

Well, when I had mine, I had a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker put in it, so I'm not too familar with EMG pick ups. I'd go with the EMG Alexi since your using his model of guitar. I'd imagine it would go perfect with the 200
What kind of amp are you using? If your using a solid state amp go with the Alexi sig pup as it is passive and from my experience actives do not go well with solid state amps. If you have a tube ... then I'd say scrounge the internet for sound clips of the two pick ups and judge off of that. Also, depending on your amp I might suggest not changing the pups at all as it might have zero effect on your tone.

As far as changing the paint job, I'd say look in to doing it yourself. A pro would likely charge an arm and a leg for it. If you are interested in doing it yourself go check out the stickied thread in the Gear Building & Customizing forum that is in regards to painting and refinishing.
a far as i'm aware it's a starter guitar for the price of an intermediate one, because of alexi's signature. it's one thing buying a sig model when you aren't forced to compromise on quality and are just paying a bit extra for the name (if you can afford the top-of-the-range model, in other words); it's quite another when you're buying a worse guitar for the same money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
gotta agree with dave here, the Alexi-200 is a rip, ive played several and three were "modded" and i still wasnt a fan, ive played the 600s and they are nice as hell but the 200 is essentially a starter guitar with a jacked up price due to being under the ESP brand.

theres alot better out there for you buddy, ive already played the Alexi set and its good, the new EMG HZ hes got is awesome with the boost and all. but i will say it does alter depending on what wood you have in your guitar. You wont get alexis sound from the 200 just because it has that pick up.

But if you like it and can get your shop to drop price abit on it then by all means go for it, the Alexi sig set of EMGs are good but i do think you can get more of a guitar for the same money
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs

I haven't tried one, just going by the spec and the fact that the 200 series LTDs are mostly starter models.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's a bit better than ESP's starter models (50 and 100 series at least) since, if nothing else, it's honest to goodness basswood instead of agathis. If you like the feel, then by all means go for it.
Also like others said - if you have a SS amp the go for the EMG Alexi set. If you have a tube though I recommend also checking out Seymour Duncan Blackouts and comparing those to the 81.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's