Im known for being fast, but this was ridiculous.

in just under 4 days :

Specs and other crap :
25.5'', 24 extra jumbo frets, 12'' radius
bone nut
Quartersawn Sapele neck
Pau Ferro fretboard
Abalone dots/abalone gold-topped knobs
switchcraft 3-way switch
250k pots, switchcraft jack, treble bleed mod, .022' orange drop cap.
fully shielded cavity with conductive tape, this sucker is QUIET.
two piece center-joined quartersawn mahogany body
Seymour duncan Alnico 2 Stag-Mag bridge pickup
GFS Alnico 2 neck pickup
Wilkinson/gotoh VS100 tremolo
Gotoh/Schaller locking tuners (can't remember)

Damn thats nice, i love the colour. HNGD!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
you gonna cover the pickups cause i think it would look cool with some gold rings, would complete the guitar nicely, but it still looks hawt and i would be proud to own it :P
~Defiant~
In the 5th picture is there a scratch in the wood going from the cavity to the control cavity? Or is that just the photo playing tricks?

Edit, ahh okay that's fine. Looks nice, kind of grows on you.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Jul 29, 2009,
sound demonstration?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quick question about the trem:
I have never used a Wilkinson before, it looks like the plate is held to the posts only by the tension between the strings and the springs. Is this the case? How well do you find they work?

Also, one piece neck?
Cool. Oil finish? How close are the Wilkinsons to a six-screw Squier trem? Is routing required, or only installation of the posts?
you drill the posts, and these are made to fit any trem, so just drill the outer two posts of the 6 point trem. these make a WORLD of difference. the only 6 post trem ive used thats worth a damn is the gotoh/wilkinson with the bent wirey-looking saddles. i installed that one an ash strat for my buddy, works great.
HNGD!

What a beaut.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by LP Addict
Im known for being fast, but this was ridiculous.

thats something you probably shouldnt share with the world

beautiful guitar, looks amazing
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
wow nice!

how is the Tremolo bridge??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by cedricsmods
Cool. Oil finish? How close are the Wilkinsons to a six-screw Squier trem? Is routing required, or only installation of the posts?

Think of Wilkinsons as the Vintage player's answer to a Floyd Rose: It floats on two posts like a floyd, but doesn't use locking saddles or a locking nut, so it's closer in design to a vintage trem, only the two-post design maintains tuning stability far better than a 6 screw trem due to having fewer pivot points (like a Floyd ). Any vintagey trem equipped guitar I'll get will probably have one.

Kyle: Killer fvckin build, man!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Scowmoo
**** YEAH!

Whats with the scratch/crack near the trem?

Scroll up and read the whole thread, as that question is answered
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
A part where the tree got cut and then healed itself.

He said it a few posts back.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
Good to see ya back to work Kyle! This here's a bangin' guitar. Got two questions:

1 - Did you inlay the HC or is that a decal?
2 - This sounds dumb, but it's the first time it crossed my mind; ya know how different scales play and sound different? Well, does reversing the headstock change the way the low E ( and everything else for that matter ) sounds and plays, since you've got that much more string to pull up to E pitch tension?
Quote by lumberjack
Good to see ya back to work Kyle! This here's a bangin' guitar. Got two questions:

1 - Did you inlay the HC or is that a decal?
2 - This sounds dumb, but it's the first time it crossed my mind; ya know how different scales play and sound different? Well, does reversing the headstock change the way the low E ( and everything else for that matter ) sounds and plays, since you've got that much more string to pull up to E pitch tension?

inlaid

some will tell you it doesn't, ill tell you it does. the lower strings are much tighter, so youre power chords are very punchy sounding (i play in a half step down, so that kind of counters that), but the higher strings, GBE, they bend easier, adn vibrato is easier. There might be a tonal difference, i could really care less, it just sounds GOOD.
Quote by LP Addict
inlaid

some will tell you it doesn't, ill tell you it does. the lower strings are much tighter, so youre power chords are very punchy sounding (i play in a half step down, so that kind of counters that), but the higher strings, GBE, they bend easier, adn vibrato is easier. There might be a tonal difference, i could really care less, it just sounds GOOD.

Thats cool, thanks for adding that to my knowledge, especially me being such a fan of reverse headstocks.

What happened to the hilarious strat?
The inner section of the lower horn look a bit scuffed, is that due to the wood or stain?

It sounds like im trying to make these observations into insults, i am not. It is still a very nice looking build.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by LP Addict
inlaid

Dang, that inlay looks super tight! Also that's cool about the flipped headstock, that's the kinda thing I would love to try....if it's that big of a difference I'll probably switch to only using reverse head-stocks in the future, I'm all about those little bonuses...