Due to a series of events I'm now in position of 2 10 watt amps and an amp that is around 10 or 20 watts and because I have no other amps I have a **** time keeping up with my band. Then the other day at band practice I plugged a Dynamic mic into my 10-20 watt guitar amp and put the microphone to one of my 10 watts with my guitar plugged in and it was alot louder of course. I just need to know is this ok to do,will it wreck my amps or anything?
Preferably don't use another amp but use a PA intead. You have a singer, right?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Don't do it with a microphone, use a splitter cable to connect your guitar to both amps at the same time.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
Don't do it with a microphone, use a splitter cable to connect your guitar to both amps at the same time.

I cant find any,do you know any online places i can get it?

EDIT: Would it work if I used a splitter and an adapter?
Last edited by cazador at Jul 29, 2009,
So will plugging the mic into my guitar amp to mic another guitar amp affect my amps?
probably not, but it's not ideal. Use a PA if you can
Quote by Juadafi
probably not, but it's not ideal. Use a PA if you can

O ya,i know a pa would me more ideal but as long as it doesent damage my amps im gonna have to use that method
I ran mics into a fender at one of my gigs cause the PA crapped out on us and it worked fine, so I don't see why it shouldn't.
Quote by Juadafi
I ran mics into a fender at one of my gigs cause the PA crapped out on us and it worked fine, so I don't see why it shouldn't.

Ya I just dont know it micing an amp with another amp will damage it in the long run