ok so im going to the states in the summer, and ive saved up about 700$ for gear
i have a crappy SP-10 and i obviously need a new amp
ive been wanting to get the MXR 10 band EQ for a while and nows the time to get it, so that leaves me with another 570$ for an amp (could possibly move to 600)

ive had my eye on the B 52 AT 112 amp, wanna know if i should get it or if theres something else in my range

i need something that can do Children of Bodom, megadeth, machine head, kind of metal, and still be able to pull off some nnice Slash tones.
has to be loud and gig worthy
also i prefer tube and something american voiced

i think i covered all the stuff u usually ask, like if i gig, budget, genres etc

thx for ur help
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
mg!!!!!!1!! it hass teh crushikng overdrives!!!1!!!1
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
i have relatives in vegas and santa ana in california
y did u ask tho?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
for that price range maybe a Bugera 6260 combo?

Bugera 6260-212 Guitar Combo Amplifier (120 Watts, 2x12 in.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPAq-cHZ48

The Bugera 6260-212 is the go-to guitar combo for classic rock, alternative rock and metal bands due to its raw tone, massive power and road-worthy reliability. Whether you want punchy defined rhythm chords, sultry smooth classic rock lead tones or a huge wall of mind-blowing distortion, the 6260-212 provides extensive tone shaping abilities with virtually unlimited dynamics in a two channel configuration.

The 6260-212’s brutal power comes from 4 hand-selected and matched Bugera 6L6 power valves. 5 Bugera 12AX7 valves in the preamp add up for terrifying punch and mind-rattling gain. Your fat and juicy guitar tone will sing two highly respected custom Bugera 12-inch speakers, faithfully reproducing every nuance of your playing, right down to the fine reverb tails.

Each channel features a vintage designed EQ section with Bass, Mid and Treble. Both channels offer Classic Presence control for further adjustments to your monstrous tone. We added Impedance switching to match virtually any speaker cabinet, from 4, 8 to 16 Ohms. Plus you’ll love the detail in the fine reverb tails. The amp comes with a four-way, heavy-duty metal footswitch for channel and effects loop selection to tap your favorite effects.

This boutique-style valve combo is constructed using precision manufacturing, blended with our artisan hand assembly, so you can be confident it will stand the test of time. The next time you wield your axe, feel the Soul of Valves with the Bugera 6260-212.

Features

Hand-built 120-Watt guitar combo driven by 4 x 6L6 valves (convertible to EL34)

2 original heavy-duty 12 in. BUGERA guitar speakers for true vintage sound

Classic 2-channel preamp design (Clean, Crunch, Lead) featuring 5 x 12AX7 valves for terrifying punch and mind-blowing gain

Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control

Vintage Equalizer section with dedicated Bass, Mid and Treble controls

Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohm) to match virtually any speaker cabinet

Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel selection and FX Loop/Boost function included

High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Last edited by surface54 at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by jsaatsaz
mg!!!!!!1!! it hass teh crushikng overdrives!!!1!!!1

are u sh*tting me???

Quote by mcrfobtai
TtheB-52 would be good. Maybe a Bugera?

and wat kinnd of bugera, and arent they just peavey clones?
i hear theyre not that reliable

btw willing to go used
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
You may be able to get a used 5150/6505
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
i think that bugera is just too heavy to carry in a suitcase, i have a 23 kg limit per bag
i think thats like 48 pounds or somethin
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
definately can't get used 5150/6505 for that little, i got mine at practically the lowest price possible at $780 CA, i'd say go for the bugeras, i've heard them and for the price they're great, its really the best thing you can get with that money
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by soloXshredder
are u sh*tting me???

Just playing.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
TS you would be best off buying a b-52 at112, and shipping it. Because your not going to find an amp that you can bring on that doesn't weigh that much.
Quote by matt360
definately can't get used 5150/6505 for that little, i got mine at practically the lowest price possible at $780 CA, i'd say go for the bugeras, i've heard them and for the price they're great, its really the best thing you can get with that money

I almost bought a 5150 combo on eBay for $370, and usually see them go for around 500
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Quote by Ghold125
TS you would be best off buying a b-52 at112, and shipping it. Because your not going to find an amp that you can bring on that doesn't weigh that much.

actually its 3 kg under the limit :P
and i get 2 bags so im good
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by Ghold125

this sadly...

combo amps are heavy dude
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
so far i think im gonna go with a b52 at 112, unless i could get a 5150/6505 with 1 speaker for under 600$
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
so far i think im gonna go with a b52 at 112, unless i could get a 5150/6505 with 1 speaker for under 600$

As far as I know 1x12 6505s have not come out yet so i would just say go for the b52.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Quote by TheSlashman
get a used 5150

This
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.