So, I've been playing a year and a bit now and mainly just refining my skills in metal. I play basically all rhythm stuff and as I get better, I'm finding that my soloing chops are most definitely holding me back. What are some easier solos out there that I could start out with. I already know the Smells like Teen Spirit stuff, just in case you were going to suggest it, as most have. Thanks.
waking the demon by bullet fo my valentine! first solo i ever learnt ^^ plus its fun to play
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Learning solos is great, but you need to learn some scales and practice soloing over a backing track or something.
i have been playing for about the same amount of time. some easy solo's IMO:

californication by red hot chili peppers
the joker and the thief by wolfmother

that's all i can think of for now. hope it helps!
Try More Than a Feeling by Boston. Sounds great, not too fast, and there's a good combination of techniques commonly used in solos (bends, hammerons/pulloffs, slides).
^^ good stuff

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Welcome Home - Coheed & Cambria is a fun easy one to play. Also has a lot of different techniques.
Quote by hourglass09
wow, thanks. im working on the waking the demon already :P

I honestly wouldn't suggest trying to learn it just now, it is a decently easy solo, but I find it really easy to mess up, try Enter Sandman instead, if you don't have a wah, it won't sound perfect, but you'll get a feel for it. Stricken is also a pretty decent song to play.
Quote by TheBigProjekt
I honestly wouldn't suggest trying to learn it just now, it is a decently easy solo, but I find it really easy to mess up, try Enter Sandman instead, if you don't have a wah, it won't sound perfect, but you'll get a feel for it. Stricken is also a pretty decent song to play.

but pretty much anything is easy to mess up.. that was the first solo i ever learnt, and i managed it fine. so im sure he can to if he tries

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
i found californication pretty easy but still trying to get down some of the waking the demon parts. thanks for all the help guys, ill give some of the other ones a try after, im gonna have my hands full for a bit learning some of these but it was kind of my summer goal anyways. thanks again
Learn how to play the blues.
It's easy.

It's feeling the blues that is hard. But a lot of music is based around blues, since rock did come from blues.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6