Quote by guitarmageddon0
hey i get feedback at high volumes and im wondering if i use this http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-FEEDBACK-DESTROYER-PRO-FBQ2496?sku=188954#used

my feed back will go away. Would i just run my guitar into it and run it into my amp or what?

That looks like it belongs in a pro rack set up. A cheaper and probably easier bet is to make sure everything is grounded and insulated properly. Feedback occurs anyway at high volume. Out of interest, what amp and guitar do you have?
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
just get a noise gate pedal. ISP Decimators, MXR Smart Gates and Boss NS-2s are the most common.

I highly reccomend the NS-2. some people on this board claim to have had problems with them, but i think it's more of a "Boss Sucks" bandwagon kind of thing. hell, if Yngwie can use one with a Strat and 10 marshall stacks, i'm pretty sure it can handle whatever you throw at it
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 29, 2009,
Quote by JWZ28
That looks like it belongs in a pro rack set up. A cheaper and probably easier bet is to make sure everything is grounded and insulated properly. Feedback occurs anyway at high volume. Out of interest, what amp and guitar do you have?

it sounds to me like a gear problem too. if you are playing a cheap guitar then the pups might be causing it, bad amp can feedback too. you can do the band aid approach of covering up the feedback, but know that the real problem will only be resolved with eliminating the sub par equipment with better, more reliable stuff.

if you are playing a prs through a bogner or something, then... damn, that should be happening in a problematic way. and maybe you should have the equipment checked out then maybe look into a noise gate or sound supressor.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Theres lots of reasons you can get feedback. And some of them noise gates etc wont have any affect on. Microphonic pickups can do it, having all your knobs cranked will do it, it could be your pedals, it could be your house wiring. So give us a run down on your set up before you go spending money.