Some of you might remember me posting stuff like this before but well i decided to get all into one thread so if your having a go for that im just saying i know

I currently play an Ashton the rocker guitar through a peavey audition amp and its time i got some new gear, im left handed and play mostly rock-metal lead guitar (guns n roses metallica and ACDC are my main influences)

things im looking for in a guitar:
rosewood fingerboard
stays in tune well
lasts a long time
floyd rose tunning with whammy (optional)
looks good (optional)
i also need to know wether to get new pickups and stuff

i dont know much more about guitars so if its not too much trouble could u explain all technical stuff

i know nothing about amps

my budget is around £700 (£400 for guitar, £300 for amp sounds right)

thanks for your help
Get a left handed Rally Les Paul so that's about £200 amp wise I would look at an Aston valve state amp so that about £250 - £300. So you'll have £200 - £250 left and if you wanted to get pedals, the distortion you'll need for Ac/Dc and GNR is quite a old sorta valve distortion so i would recomend the MXR Distortion lll, i got one and they're awesome it cost me £90 (cause i bought it from a small guitar shop) but on the internet you could probabaly get one for £70.

And the Rally Les Paul would be great for GNR stuff cause were the Les Paul is made outtta Mahogany you'll get tons of sustaine and that's what you'll need when you play GNR stuff and the same goes for Ac/Dc stuff. So whatever you do, don't get a Strat for something like GNR cause the sustaine is crap and the pickups and wood don't give you the same sound.

Hope that answers your questions, oh and you might need a Wah pedal for GNR stuff is well.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Are you having a joke? Ashton's are made outta Elm wood and Rally's are made out of Mahogany and they have a Maple cape, Rally's are a far better guitar than an Ashton. If you wanted to get a better guitar than a Rally in you're budget try a Tokai.

Ok then Basswood, it's still not as good as Mahogany and the music you wanna play calls for a guitar with Mahogany.

yes but i dont see the point in getting a guitar thats just a little bit better. i dont see the point when i could get one in whole rank up
thats what ive been told i can do with the money ive got
Little bit better? I used a Rally for like 2 years playing in pubs and they sound excellent and don't go by the price, just because somthing is £200 doesn't mean it's bad and just because a guitar is £700 it doesn't mean it's good. Ok so what do you actually want from this guitar? Do you want a Les Paul like Slash or a Superstrat like what Kirk Hammet has?

actually i know the owners of my local guitar shop.....im asking them opinions on guitars and they say its not better than what you got
no i dont want guitars that my idols have of corse not i actually dont like sig guitars

if your gonna get like please dont bother posting
Ok then, try looking at the PRS SE series they can pull off some heavy stuff and they're good for average Rock and they go for like £400. And all i'm saying is that you can't go around saying peoples gear isn't good, just because the owners of this guitar shop don't like them doesn't mean other people dislike them cause i know about 5 people who have them and gig with them, and I'm not being ****ty here I'm just trying to help out (Y)

Ah, that's no good then lol. Try this, it maybe cheap but it is deffinatly better than an Ashton but Tokai's always have been cheap

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/tokai-lc53-electric-guitar-left-handed-black-finish-576.html