I'm currently thinking about selling my Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) and i noticed a bunch of people selling them for a little under $400 on craigslist (used). I thought this was odd as i could have sworn that i bought mine for $400 at guitar center a couple years ago. Did Guitar Center use to sell the Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) for $400 and now they sell it for $500? Or has it always been $500?
I supported BUSH.
I DO NOT support OBAMA.
BITE ME.
Zooey Deschanel = Amazing
I know places like Musicians Friend upped their price from 400 to 500, so yeah I'm gonna assume that everywhere else did the same thing.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
All Fenders, Gibson, ESP, Ibanez, Dean, Jackson, Gretsch - you name it, every guitar has gone up in price. That's just how the economy is at the moment, prices have to go up. Not least of all just to cover the increased manufacturing costs that brands are dealing with now.

If you want prices to go back down, you need to start buying more of everything.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
When the world economy took a nosedive to hell, prices went up to maintain a profit margin on those who will still buy. Personally I think the opposite approach makes more sense though; lower prices while still covering costs and making profit. Then people will flock to you because they can actually afford your gear. On the other hand this dive was part of what put me off an American stratocaster.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
They can't lower price, cover costs comfortably and still make profit because the basic costs for making guitars has nearly tripled overall.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Right, forgot that there's the material costs in addition to labour costs...suppose it mostly traces back to the economy then.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Just so you know, just because the price was raised after you bought it, doesn't mean you should sell it based on it's newer price. I'm not saying YOU are going to do that, but you'd be surprised on how many bastards try and get away with that.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Fender raised their prices on all instruments and amps about 20% in February of this year.

Quote by stinger12345
Just so you know, just because the price was raised after you bought it, doesn't mean you should sell it based on it's newer price. I'm not saying YOU are going to do that, but you'd be surprised on how many bastards try and get away with that.

Uhmm... yes you should. Learn 2 economy.
Quote by stinger12345

If the same guitar is costing more new, then that means it's used price will increase. So you probably should sell it for more.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by SeamoreButts667
I'm currently thinking about selling my Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) and i noticed a bunch of people selling them for a little under $400 on craigslist (used). I thought this was odd as i could have sworn that i bought mine for $400 at guitar center a couple years ago. Did Guitar Center use to sell the Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) for $400 and now they sell it for $500? Or has it always been $500?

in NY, you can still get a MIM for about $300.
depends on where you live.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^-- Same in Nashville, TN. They are all over craigslist for $300 every day.